Rhys Jones Killer Sentenced

manshimajin

Sounds like some very effective police work to catch the killer and the gang. A thoroughly unpleasant case and by the sounds of it a thoroughly unpleasant gang of thugs who are best behind bars.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081216/tuk-te...er-dba1618.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I first saw this article a reference to the fact that the Police had conducted telephone taps and 'bugged' Mercer's home seems to have been removed by ITN. Not sure why. It seems a very sensible move when dealing with violent gangs who are trying to cover up for each other. Must have a few more taps and bugs out there!

Since I first saw this article a reference to the fact that the Police had conducted telephone taps and 'bugged' Mercer's home seems to have been removed by ITN. Not sure why. It seems a very sensible move when dealing with violent gangs who are trying to cover up for each other. Must have a few more taps and bugs out there!

May I suggest SF Snipers. Much more effective at dealing with the animals that are stalking our streets these days. A 7.62 round costs alot less than keeping the hoodlum in jail for 22 years.

MDO..

The problem with "gangs" is far deeper than the Government in the UK wishes to believe, if they took their heads out of the sand and opened their blinkered eyes, they may have half a chance of making a difference.

Making them a martyr is not really the solution.

MDO..

The problem with "gangs" is far deeper than the Government in the UK wishes to believe, if they took their heads out of the sand and opened their blinkered eyes, they may have half a chance of making a difference.

Making them a martyr is not really the solution.

I dont know about that. As soon as word gets round that anyone who takes part in gang activites, gets slotted, watch the drop in gang related crime and trouble.

The problem is far deeper than you can shoot, far more complicated than mere violence can sort out. Your talking about children that are a generation born into "gang culture" they are a product of the society they live in. You have kids aged 10 with guns, the number of crimes never reported on the news far far outweighs the odd story you get in your Mail or Sun

Al this shit about 7.62 rounds and getting slotted, you really are a piece of work.

Classical case of 'wannabeeitis'. I bet you live with your aging parents and have pictures of Ross Kemp on the wall.

You are a pathetic example of humankind.

You don't get the joke about 'Dennis Manezes' or about the relevance of an innocent getting murdered by the very people you aspire to be like.

My guess is you are a prison warder somewhere in the UK and lost out on a job in the police or army due to your psycholigical profile being marked "Watch this one closely"

The issue of "gang" is going to take generations to sort out, I would say its more about a complete change in society and we all know that not going to happen, IMO it will only get worse before it ever can get better.

Glad this has come to some sort of result for the family of the poor lad. It's sickening to think that your child could go out to play one day and end up with something like that happening because of people thinking that gangs are cool.

Less chance I suppose of it happening over here at the moment at least.

Al this shit about 7.62 rounds and getting slotted, you really are a piece of work.

Classical case of 'wannabeeitis'. I bet you live with your aging parents and have pictures of Ross Kemp on the wall.

You don't get the joke about 'Dennis Manezes' or about the relevance of an innocent getting murdered by the very people you aspire to be like.

My guess is you are a prison warder somewhere in the UK and lost out on a job in the police or army due to your psycholigical profile being marked "Watch this one closely"

Sounds a little too much like wannabe psychologist assumptions there ;) (Unless you actually are one perhaps)

Glad this has come to some sort of result for the family of the poor lad. It's sickening to think that your child could go out to play one day and end up with something like that happening because of people thinking that gangs are cool.

Less chance I suppose of it happening over here at the moment at least.

Sounds a little too much like wannabe psychologist assumptions there ;) (Unless you actually are one perhaps)

Exactly what I was going to say.

Clearly none of you know who I am, my previous employment or the state of my psychological state. If you think that the "Gang" is ever going to go away your living in some LDV utopian dream world. I'm not on about targetting the kids but the hard core criminals.. The ones putting the guns into the hands of the kids who are doing the dirty work, while thinking they are some big gangster.

jehovah, when you have a clue about what your talking about what, I'll be ready to listen to you. By the way Ross Kemp is a TV actor why would I have posters of him on my wall?

about the relevance of an innocent getting murdered by the very people you aspire to be like.

It was accidently manslaughter actually. Not murder.

Archived