Low Cost But Not At Any Cost?

Lonan3

I'm with the pilot - if he is not qualified to land in that level of fog I'd prefer him not to take a risk whilst I am on board thank you. Sorry for Cassandra but passenger safety rates a little higher than her job interview.

Persons with more specific knowledge feel free to jump in, but I was under the impression that on the way to getting a commercial pilots licence, you *had * to get an instrument rating, which includes very precise flight in all weather conditions, including zero visiblity (which is why it's called 'flying on instruments') :huh:

He made the right decision. He didn't have the correct rating for the aircraft, which simply means that the fleet has been updated and it takes time to get all the pilot's ratings updated.

I'd rather land somewhere else then crash at my original destination.

The pilot made the right decision. The airline made the wrong decision in putting him on the plane to start with. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that most of northern Europe could be covered in fog. Where would he land then?

S

Persons with more specific knowledge feel free to jump in, but I was under the impression that on the way to getting a commercial pilots licence, you *had * to get an instrument rating, which includes very precise flight in all weather conditions, including zero visiblity (which is why it's called 'flying on instruments') :huh:

Sorry, I have to do it!

post-1130-1229720075_thumb.jpg

Archived