Black-eye Friday

Bambster

I just looked and found this on Black-Eye Friday. He looks magnificent, a man of the law with only justice on his mind and deserving utmost respect. Until you see he's wearing a bangle.

post-12802-1229801233_thumb.jpg

http://www.three.fm/black-eye-friday-350695

From this you can gather that the sheriff is left handed (As right-handed people tend to wear their watch on their left wrist), so find a way to use that to your advantage, have a handwriting neatness competition or something to decide whether you should be arrested or not (of course if your left-handed yourself it'll be judged by an independent adjudicator. He has an old Nokia phone pinned to the front of his coat so if he calls for help on it you'll be safe as he'll be phoning 1998 and you'll have over a decades worth of fleeing time.

Was fairly calm by all accounts, not a patch on past years thank god.

So why was the IOM picked out for a report on BBC North West this evening? Is Douglas worse than any North West of England town after dark?

I think it was more a case of our police fore are more visable than most with white helmets and as there wasn't much trouble it was a good news story amongst all the doom and gloom in the adjacent shithole

Mc Deaths-watch reports no trouble on Friday

However I did see a steaming drunk bloke arrested at the bus station around mid morning and my lad saw a few boisterous types being bundled into a police van outside the Prospect around 5.30

Perhaps the spectre of redundancies in the new year has taken the edge off the celebrations

When did it become standard practice for door security to have to wear identification/permits on their arms? (Is it so the police can tell which bloke in the high-viz not to arrest?)

Reminded me of this:-

176p.jpg

I hadn't noticed it until I walked past McDeaths and also Aperitivo this weekend.

I was in McBeths on Friday. A drunk snarling chap was ejected when we arrived and was directed to the Victoria Tavern which I suppose would be the antithesis of McBeths. Then the sounds upstairs were turned down as MilitantDogOwner's favourite group of musicians played a few Christmas carols.

It was all rather entertaining.

You don't have to wear a flourescent to go in there but it is good camouflage.

I think it is a wonderful pub.

Archived