Today I Hate...................

John

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I hate Paul Watson for sending the Villa Gaiety newslatter to a 'cc' list of hundreds of email addresses, and today he sends another email to somehow magically 'Recall' the one he sent disclosing all the email addresses, and what does he do ?, cc'd them all again so we have all our email addresses copied to all and sundry.

If he can't cope with technology I would suggest he does something else for a living :angry:

Sky call centre again Aaahhhhhhhhh !!! - they have a new system where you have to 'shout' your date of birth and postcode several times for their system to locate you on the files. Of course, I failed, probably because I don't have a Scottish or Indian accent !! Total waste of ten minutes shouting your DOB down the phone.

Rant over....

just wait until we get all our freeport call centres up and running .. there wont be any of this not being able to understand a word the operator says shite..

it will be .. Moghrey mie yessir how can i help. ... i would like to cancel my subscription please .. ok good sowll Insh dou dty ennym .. done .. Slen lhiat .

no confusion there..

Today I hate Paul Watson for sending the Villa Gaiety newslatter to a 'cc' list of hundreds of email addresses, and today he sends another email to somehow magically 'Recall' the one he sent disclosing all the email addresses, and what does he do ?, cc'd them all again so we have all our email addresses copied to all and sundry.

If he can't cope with technology I would suggest he does something else for a living :angry:

Quit bleating, one of those £750k PR people has spoken -

"A spokeman from the Villa Marina and Gaiety Theatre said: 'In issuing its regular email newsletter to customers, the Villa Marina and Gaiety Theatre accidentally used a format which displayed all of the email recipients' email addresses.

'The error was noted within 40 minutes and the email recalled immediately. However, anyone who opened the email within that time would have been able to view the whole mailing list. The Villa Marina and Gaiety Theatre apologises to its customers and has put in place measures to prevent any repetition.'"

link

I'm not that well versed on recalling e-mails, so I may be wrong, but that sounds like bollocks, however, it must be alright, the "spokeman" has spoken.

Jebus, that beggars belief. If I was anyone's employer that did that twice, I too would well be thinking about him doing something else for a living after that.

you can't recall messages unless your PC is part of a network that uses Microsoft Exchange. The recall option is primarily for use in a corporate setting where workers exchange mail with each other

once the message has been sent to other isp's and delivered to recipients there is nothing which can be done about it.

Personal data that you provide to us will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2002 of the Isle of Man. The Information Systems Division of the Treasury of the Isle of Man Government will be the Data Controller of your personal data for the purposes of the Act.

The personal information collected from you during this service will not be disclosed to any third party without either your prior consent, or the requestors' demonstrated legal authority to receive it.

/bleat mode

I'm not that well versed on recalling e-mails, so I may be wrong, but that sounds like bollocks, however, it must be alright, the "spokeman" has spoken.

The most intriguing part of this was not one of the 1000+ recipients decided to send an email to the list of other addresses in response.

I was one of those people. I contemplated just replying "Noone would ever know!" to the somewhat fruitless attempt to "recall" the email etc. But I didn't in the end.

Archived