Today I Hate...................

John

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today I dislike a forum post/topic being closed without an explanation being given as to the reason :o

You are the reason, matey, along with your prolix pal.

S

Prolix. You like that word!

It serves.

S

People that use "none" instead of "non". As in 'none toxic' or 'none professional' and none flammable'. Hyphenated of not it is not difficult, why the extra 'e'?

I've never seen any examples of this.

(Name edited out to save embarrassment)

"So being "professional" also mean that you do not have to obey the laws of the road that we mere "none professional" drivers have too.

Lets talk about Douglas Prom on a Saturday night...

U turns, no indicators, driving in excess of the speed limit, parking however whenever you want..

all ok as you are "professional"..? Sorry IMO it just does not kop it as an excuse for dangerous driving. "

Good enough?

People that use "none" instead of "non". As in 'none toxic' or 'none professional' and none flammable'. Hyphenated of not it is not difficult, why the extra 'e'?

"So being "professional" also mean that you do not have to obey the laws of the road that we mere "none professional" drivers have too.

U turns, no indicators, driving in excess of the speed limit, parking however whenever you want..

all ok as you are "professional"..? Sorry IMO it just does not kop it as an excuse for dangerous driving. "

Good enough?

Am I supposed to be embarrassed over a slight spelling mistake... ohh please forgive me for ermm not giving a shiit..lol

Anway back on thread..

Today I dislike having a sore back and shoulders from the Medis its a knockout (ace fun though) 8-)

The fuckwit knobhead civil service 'officer' with a clipboard who asked me, when did you move to the Isle of Man?

My reply

I was born here.

I'm Manx.

Total Twat!

The fuckwit knobhead civil service 'officer' with a clipboard who asked me, when did you move to the Isle of Man?

My reply

I was born here.

I'm Manx.

Total Twat!

Was he making an assumption because of your looks?

Yeah, do you appear to be affluent, tall, handsome, and in good health. And were you speaking good standard english? That's probably what it was.

It's a natural assumption to make though really, since over %50 of residents have moved here from somewhere else.

My reply

I was born here.

I'm Manx.

Total Twat!

Was he making an assumption because of your looks?

Yeah, do you appear to be affluent, tall, handsome, and in good health. And were you speaking good standard english? That's probably what it was.

It's a natural assumption to make though really, since over %50 of residents have moved here from somewhere else.

Thats none off the posters on here then...lol

Good enough?

Am I supposed to be embarrassed over a slight spelling mistake... ohh please forgive me for ermm not giving a shiit..lol

No, not at all, that's why I left your name off. Someone asked for an example, I gave them one. Don't be so sensitive, not everything is a dig at you.

It ranks alongside people saying "pacific" when they mean 'specific'. Saying "erb" when they mean 'herb'. And the silly thing about "An hospital/hotel, I'm sure there are others. Since when has 'H' been a vowel?

Archived