Today I Hate...................

John

Buying two loaves of bread from the bread shelf (not cheapie out of date shelves) for £1.50 and finding they are both well on the way to going a bit stale.

I would prefer to buy 1 fresh loaf for the usual, price of £1.00 as usual, thank you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news

The fact that IOM Today are running a story slagging of the new hospital cafe, based upon comments left by a few people on their website...WTF

It should be run by a charity, like the hospice or the WRVS at cost plus IMO. You are stuck between a rock and a hard place up there, miles away from any possible competition. Those prices are disgusting - holding people practically to ransom for just a drink.

Next it'll be car park charges, premium rate telephone and TV charges - and all that crap that goes with hospitals milking money out of visitors like in the UK.

The DHSS should really rethink this one, it's pissing off a lot of people, many of whom can't afford to pay those prices, often stuck up there for days with ill-relatives.

It was not the prices i was annoyed at, just the fact they can run a story again slagging off a small local business based on a few comment on a website..

for example if they ran a story slagging of Andrew barton because of some comments on here, would we all not be up in arms.. I mean so its expensive. Its unfortunatly a free Market place.

Though i do think your charity idea would be good in a perfect world.

It's like eating fucken cardboard and it's still "in date" by the way.

And it wasn't Tesco.

Edited to add the " " and the foul language emphasis.

Edited to correct your bad English.

Oh dear, I feel like I have a stalker :o

(I always had trouble spelling that particular word)

Anyway, back on topic:

I am fucken dettermined to finish off these two loaves of bread. OK the ' use by' date was yesterday so I tried making some toast. Toasting stale bread never works does it. It didn't yesterday or the day before either.

I feel like I have been totally conned. All because some tw@t in a shiny suit and shiny tie (I somehow imagine) has reckoned he can offload some obviously shit stock by putting a deal on it. That's another £20, I suppose, they have made.

If the stock is approaching it's freshness - fair enough sell it cheap. But when the fucken parrot is dead it is fucken dead.

Happy breakfast time.

%age

Oh dear, I feel like I have a stalker :o

(I always had trouble spelling that particular word)

Anyway, back on topic:I am fucken dettermined to finish off these two loaves of bread. OK the ' use by' date was yesterday so I tried making some toast. Toasting stale bread never works does it. It didn't yesterday or the day before either.

I feel like I have been totally conned. All because some tw@t in a shiny suit and shiny tie (I somehow imagine) has reckoned he can offload some obviously shit stock by putting a deal on it. That's another £20, I suppose, they have made.

If the stock is approaching it's freshness - fair enough sell it cheap. But when the fucken parrot is dead it is fucken dead.

Happy breakfast time.

%age

Am I missing something here? Is all this whining and gnashing of teeth really just because you feel you have been totally conned because some bread you bought for £1.50 wasn't as fresh as it could be?

All this whining for £1.50? Is that really the most upsetting thing in your world? Quite extraordinary.......

Yes it is Gilly.

This morning I thought I would express to the world via the wonders of the internet and manxforums.com my extreme irritation. There can be very few things in life more annoying than being sold stale bread.

If there were still a Mannin Line I would be right on there about it. Roy Gough (RIP) wouldn't have stood for it. When the notion took him he would know every price of every loaf on the Island and indeed beyond for comparison. In fact, since his departure I have noticed bread has gone down hill.

If I had fucken wanted to eat cardboard I would have gone to Doxbond.

Though i do think your charity idea would be good in a perfect world.

Not just in a perfect world but in a lot of hospitals in the UK as well.

When the tender process starts again in 5 years, would be good to see a few charities putting bids forward, infact they may have done so this year, problem is could they compete ??

Still I have to agree a Heart Foundation or Hospice Coffee shop would be a great idea. Maybe instead of opening charity shops they could open a small cafe/coffee shop in town.

Buying two loaves of bread from the bread shelf (not cheapie out of date shelves) for £1.50 and finding they are both well on the way to going a bit stale.

I would prefer to buy 1 fresh loaf for the usual, price of £1.00 as usual, thank you.

you can usually tell how fresh it is at the shelf, before buying, can't you? Has no-one taught you 'the squeeze'?

Archived