Paging Amadaus - Picture Opportunity

Lost Login

Alright, as Amadeus is obviously out taking pictures of really boring stuff, here's a picture of a chimney fire. It wasn't the same one as your Old Castletown Road chimney fire but it should capture the essence of what you would imagine that you would have seen.

post-105-1230053199_thumb.jpg

Alright, as Amadeus is obviously out taking pictures of really boring stuff, here's a picture of a chimney fire. It wasn't the same one as your Old Castletown Road chimney fire but it should capture the essence of what you would imagine that you would have seen.

post-105-1230053199_thumb.jpg

Better than that. Two fire engines with the temporarily closed road causing the normal chaos around North Quay, Tesco's car par etc!

I always miss all the stuff in the neighbourhood - it's a rule :) Was asleep, so no pics. Coincidentally, I did nearly cause a similar incident recently - how am I supposed to know the fireplace is an old backboiler unit? Amazing how much steam and bang that can produce :blink:

went past there, big plume of smoke rising straight up, pump and tele platform parked left side of the road (someone told me later that it had been announced that the road was closed but there was no evidence of that when I went that way), nearly had chance of a pic but there was no need to stop so missed a scoop :D

absolute chaos traffic backlog from Brown Bobby with busses stuck in the middle of the jam on station hill, gridlock around the lifting bridge / Lord St. but managed to escape 'aginst the flow' (or non-flow as it was !)

Can't believe I slept through all that - builders still working on roof, so had to move to living room to get some sleep. That's facing towards the road, so I must have been right next to the fire trucks - soundly asleep on the couch and not hearing a thing. Better swap my normal fire alarms for fog horns after that...

MR

Traffic on one of the main routes into Douglas was disrupted by a chimney fire this afternoon.

The flow along the Old Castletown Road was reduced to single file for about quarter of an hour by an incident in Leigh Terrace.

Everything was back to normal by about 3.40pm.

however, around the corner the town was still in gridlock :D

Archived