[BBC News] Woman hurt in attack outside pub

Newsbot

It doesn't say what day this happened. We can't assume it was last night, knowing BBC [Newsbot] it could have been a week ago.

Woman hurt in attack outside pub

A woman suffered facial injuries when she was attacked by a man outside a pub in the Isle of Man, said police.

The victim was attacked outside the Saddle Inn, on Queen Street, Douglas between 2200 and 2230 GMT.

A spokesman for the Isle of Man Police said the woman suffered cuts and bruises to her face but did not need hospital treatment.

Police want to speak to a man who gave the victim first aid assistance, who could be a witness to the incident.

You will think I am making this up by assure you I am not.

The Town Band were coming out of the Saddle Friday night after playing a few carols. There were a couple of local ladies outside and one of them pointed to the big shiny bell of the silver tuba and proclaimed:

"that's about the size of my f***y"

There were a couple of local ladies outside...

I'd like to question the authenticity of this "woman." I've never seen a woman in or around there.

See, two very conflicting statements. Might not have been a lady but could have been a woman. In fact, are we even sure that the victim was female?

Got to admit that whilst there's a small train of thought that suggests it would be nice to see some comeuppance for the "They can't hit me, I'm a woman so I'll keep violently attacking these men and expect that they'll maybe buy me flowers in return even though I'll screech equality til the cows come home. Ha ha ha." types, ultimately you just don't hit women.

Well, I don't at least.

I did mess up though in the early days of courting my now wife when, during some playful banter I said something along the lines of "You best not disagree with me girlie" whilst raising a 'karate hand' in a comedy style. At which point she stopped me and advised that her ex used to beat her about rather a bit.

Suffice it to say I didn't think I was quite the 'card' at that point.

I'd like to meet her ex....

You will think I am making this up by assure you I am not.

The Town Band were coming out of the Saddle Friday night after playing a few carols. There were a couple of local ladies outside and one of them pointed to the big shiny bell of the silver tuba and proclaimed:

"that's about the size of my f***y"

well thats a pretty small fa**y for some girls round douglas :unsure:

Archived