Where To Go New Years Eve

cloudbase

Hey All!

Im moving across on New Years Eve, on the overnighter from Hell, sorry, Heysham. I gonna be a new Doctor on the Isle, but at the moment I dont know anyone...

Im gonna have a VERY long New Years Eve 'day' then picking up the keys, moving into my new place, getting it warmed up, arranged, food in etc.

Then I want to go out and meet a friendly crowd New Years Eve itself, somewhere where I can buy a few drinks and just enjoy meet some new people - hot blondes if possible, lol.

Where would people suggest? - Is there a comprehensive clubs/bars listing for Douglas, anywhere, or can you give me your reccommendations? Somewhere with a lively, friendly, not too hammered crowd, and where a conversation is possible. Might get to the Paramount thing, eventually.

Thanks,

D

Hey All!

Im moving across on New Years Eve, on the overnighter from Hell, sorry, Heysham. I gonna be a new Doctor on the Isle, but at the moment I dont know anyone...

Im gonna have a VERY long New Years Eve 'day' then picking up the keys, moving into my new place, getting it warmed up, arranged, food in etc.

Then I want to go out and meet a friendly crowd New Years Eve itself, somewhere where I can buy a few drinks and just enjoy meet some new people - hot blondes if possible, lol.

Where would people suggest? - Is there a comprehensive clubs/bars listing for Douglas, anywhere, or can you give me your reccommendations? Somewhere with a lively, friendly, not too hammered crowd, and where a conversation is possible. Might get to the Paramount thing, eventually.

Thanks,

D

You'll be lucky. Nobody goes out much nowadays, and the Millennium finished off New Year's Eve celebrations here.

Welcome in advance to the island.

Not sure where would be best for you as I don't often go out much these days, never mind to Douglas. Finding somewhere on New Year's Eve that fits your criteria might not be so easy though as I expect most people will probably be going out to get very pissed indeed.

Good luck anyway - I shall be going to a friends for a bit of a party, so several drinks but without the queues/expense/fights etc of a night out.

*edit* I did hear that Talons is open for New Year's Eve..... ;)

Trying to drag someone down south for their first night out ever on the Island Cret, tut tut, will be stuck in their memory forever :D

Could be worse.... could be recommending Nightlife.

heeeheee. I think you'll find most of the people posting on here are 'my age' or older, they have no idea where the youthful ones hang out. I, on the other hand, am privy to knowledge other parents do not know (where their teenagers go) the young ones (17-24) in Douglas go to Havana and Bushys and The Outback.

lol.

Thanks guys!

Despite all your aged best efforts, I find the level of humour encouraging at least - And dont worry parents of teens, Im not quite looking for that young...!

:o

How about 'physician, heal thy own social life'?

Anyway, I guess I'll just hang an 'Open House' banner outside my new place out on the Peel Road, and see what happens...

Or just wonder about Doogle and see what happens...

Or pretent its any other night of the year and stay in. Clearly Ive the rest of my life to plunder the joys of 'Cretings' and enjoy being vomited over by feckless youths whilst trying to have a night out in Douglas.

Many thanks,

And a Happy New Year to you all.

Best,

D

Trying to drag someone down south for their first night out ever on the Island Cret, tut tut, will be stuck in their memory forever :D

Could be worse.... could be recommending Nightlife.

I would never do such a thing.......

lol.

Thanks guys!

Despite all your aged best efforts, I find the level of humour encouraging at least - And dont worry parents of teens, Im not quite looking for that young...!

:o

How about 'physician, heal thy own social life'?

Anyway, I guess I'll just hang an 'Open House' banner outside my new place out on the Peel Road, and see what happens...

Or just wonder about Doogle and see what happens...

Or pretent its any other night of the year and stay in. Clearly Ive the rest of my life to plunder the joys of 'Cretings' and enjoy being vomited over by feckless youths whilst trying to have a night out in Douglas.

Many thanks,

And a Happy New Year to you all.

Best,

D

You're just another piss poor Salford alias aren't you?

Archived