[BBC News] Three men arrested in drug raids

Newsbot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they have arrested 3 people (I love the way they call 18 year old boys 'MEN' in the news reports), if ALL of the people who take drugs were to hand themselves in at the police station, they would have a problem housing them. The new prison, the old prison and Castle Rushen prison would not be able to house that amount of people, sooooo what I would like to know is, are they intent on arresting ALL of the people who use drugs? or, just the ones they don't like the look of? or, just the ones whose neighbours snitch? Leave the kids alone to do what ever they want to do FFS, thousands of people take drugs, I would hazard a guess that 85% grow out of it, some die and some devote the rest of their lives to taking it......bit like religion really innit? Hahahaha I wonder if I will start taking crack when Im 70?

Have they caught the burglar yet? no! drugs are easy game which makes for lazy police. What would they do if there were no anti-drug laws? Same goes for O'Really and her constant ridiculous expensive and useless conference attending...What do you teach the young ones by attending a conference Marge? get a job in the govt and free load for the rest of your life?

Anyway the likelihood is the stuff reported to be cannabis was, anything but, if they wanted to do something useful, they might want to publish the purity of the drugs that they are seizing. People need to know just how badly ripped off they are being, that might reduce the amount of shitty drugs on the streets too - which is what they are supposed to want isnt it? (I can see that might have a double meaning but I mean it the 'good citizen' way, as opposed to my inner wannabee junkie)

I know I go on about it but it irks me.

It is a fact (through personal experience) that drug use, at all levels, leads to other crimes and personal monetary problems. Stop the drugs and save the crimes. It sounds simplistic and an easy fix but it really is that easy. Drug use isn't a requirement in society today, there is absolutely no need to take illegal drugs apart from personal selfishness.

Using illegal drugs leads to arrest, there is no other conclusion to make. As for "I wonder if they've arrested the burglar yet?" of course not, they're too busy arrested other criminals, that's their job.

Yes, drug users are criminals, not public defenders or heroes of the night, just law breakers.

The number of times we've seen these sort of threads and like War of the Worlds, 'Still they come'

I suppose they're getting younger if they're 18 year olds and thats ok, as there's plenty of space for them in the prison (if guilty of course)

Just wondering what the odds are, that those who've been caught have been in trouble many times before?

If so, wouldn't it be great if they had Social Workers :P (Oops, just going off into a different thread then)

All I have to do now, is await a peer group pressure, poor housing, schooling and parenting threads to come along now and we'll have done the lot....Again....

It is a fact (through personal experience) that drug use, at all levels, leads to other crimes and personal monetary problems. Stop the drugs and save the crimes. It sounds simplistic and an easy fix but it really is that easy. Drug use isn't a requirement in society today, there is absolutely no need to take illegal drugs apart from personal selfishness.

Using illegal drugs leads to arrest, there is no other conclusion to make. As for "I wonder if they've arrested the burglar yet?" of course not, they're too busy arrested other criminals, that's their job.

Yes, drug users are criminals, not public defenders or heroes of the night, just law breakers.

You're slipping boy - you didn't accuse them of being scousers.

You're slipping boy - you didn't accuse them of being scousers.

OMG, your right Jimcalagon and its not like skrappey to miss out on a gem like that and maybe he's not well?

More fluids required I think and should be ok for New Years Eve/Day :P

Just jesting and hope you all have a good time :thumbsup:

You sound like Batman.

If you are, please can you clear our streets of that evil drug, alcohol.

Cheers.

You need to dig a bit deeper. If drugs were legal, they would cost so much less that it would not be necessary to rob and steal in order to pay for them. And if drugs were legal, the ingredients would be pure, and there would be none of the medical issues that arise from adulterated drugs.

If you don't believe me, look at the two most common drugs - tobacco and alcohol.

It's the illegality that's the problem.

Remember when all betting was illegal except at a race-course? So much illegal activity grew up around betting that the goverment was forced to legalise it. Did the world come to an end? No.

S

And if drugs were legal, the ingredients would be pure, and there would be none of the medical issues that arise from adulterated drugs.

If you don't believe me, look at the two most common drugs - tobacco and alcohol.

It's certainly lucky thAt there are no medical issues associated with alcohol or tobacco.

So they have arrested 3 people (I love the way they call 18 year old boys 'MEN' in the news reports), if ALL of the people who take drugs were to hand themselves in at the police station, they would have a problem housing them. The new prison, the old prison and Castle Rushen prison would not be able to house that amount of people, sooooo what I would like to know is, are they intent on arresting ALL of the people who use drugs? or, just the ones they don't like the look of? or, just the ones whose neighbours snitch? Leave the kids alone to do what ever they want to do FFS, thousands of people take drugs, I would hazard a guess that 85% grow out of it, some die and some devote the rest of their lives to taking it......bit like religion really innit? Hahahaha I wonder if I will start taking crack when Im 70?

I'm struggling to see the point. Are you saying it should be legal because it's popular, and we can't hope to deal with a 100% detection rate? I imagine that's true of pretty much all crime isn't it? Should we decriminalise child abuse because it's popular too?

if drugs were legal, the ingredients would be pure . . . . . .

Cigarettes are certainly not pure, they contain a lot more crap that isn't very healthy - not just pure tobacco.

Archived