[BBC News] Three men arrested in drug raids

Newsbot

It is a fact (through personal experience) that drug use, at all levels, leads to other crimes and personal monetary problems. Stop the drugs and save the crimes. It sounds simplistic and an easy fix but it really is that easy. Drug use isn't a requirement in society today, there is absolutely no need to take illegal drugs apart from personal selfishness.

Using illegal drugs leads to arrest, there is no other conclusion to make. As for "I wonder if they've arrested the burglar yet?" of course not, they're too busy arrested other criminals, that's their job.

Yes, drug users are criminals, not public defenders or heroes of the night, just law breakers.

Bollocks !

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a fact (through personal experience) that drug use, at all levels, leads to other crimes and personal monetary problems. Drug use isn't a requirement in society today, there is absolutely no need to take illegal drugs apart from personal selfishness.

I won't discuss my particular experiences but I am not aware of people who take drugs going off any committing other crimes, not unless they were on heroin. I know a lot of people who take drugs and they don't commit any associated crime that I am aware of. Are you just talking about the addictive ones?

Speak to all the MHKs and find at least 2 that are sympatheitc to your powers of persuasion, who will spark a debate in our parliament to legalise it.

Better still, become an MHK yourself if you feel there is support for your thoughts. Once you have found another 16 or so like minded politicians then you have paved the way for changing the law. It really is that simple.

I think it would be a futile effort to try and make changes this way, you are not going to find that many like-minded politicians and they are certainly not going to court major controversy by talking about legalising cannabis. As to becoming an MHK, that is not a sure thing and would seem a ridiculous personal effort simply to make sure that people are not criminalised for taking a drug.

Not necessarily a change in the law. That is already there isn't it. Perhaps I am saying the police should be heavier on drug use. How about the Isle of Man becoming 'drug free'.

The Island could be turned into a police state and transformed into something a lot like Alcatraz. Instill fear in the populace. That will stop the drugs problem. In reality I don't think you are going to turn the Island drug free unless you can make the punishments frighteningly severe or spent massive amounts preventing drugs from entering the Island. And then what??? In comparison to the Island's drinking culture I don't think a little bit of ecstacy taking or cocaine sniffing really compares in respect of the problems it causes.

Evidence of people suffering due to impurities in cigarettes?

Thought not.

S

How about this:

Effects_of_cigarette_ingredients.pdf

or

http://www.quitsmokinghub.com/cigarette_ingredients.shtml

http://ezinearticles.com/?Cigarette-Ingred...&id=1754822

Do try and keep up. Those are the normal ingredients. It's what you expect to find in cigarettes (which is why intelligent people don't smoke). I was talking about "medical issues that arise from adulterated drugs". In other words, things you DON'T expect to find.

S

I won't discuss my particular experiences but I am not aware of people who take drugs going off any committing other crimes, not unless they were on heroin. I know a lot of people who take drugs and they don't commit any associated crime that I am aware of. Are you just talking about the addictive ones?

What world are you living in? Just look at crime figures for most of Europe and the USA most of burglaries and muggings are drug related. Over 80% of convicted prostitutes are junkies, a large percentage of gang related crime is due to drugs, a lot of murders are drug related. How do you think the junkies who don't work get money to feed such an expensive habit? For fucks sake LDV come back to the real world.

%age is right Bees,

I know of an arsonist and I am sure there has been a few GBH ers as well..

ABH actually and I only lost by 44 votes

I dont think he was talking about you.....Wasn't Phil Kermode a bit handy with his fists? Yer man Phil Gawne used to be a bit of a 'freedom fighter' too didn't he? Stop trying to 'act hard' everyone knows that was back in 1973, you were good looking then as well xx

Edit: Oh Slim, do shut up dear, you waffle on and on and on and it is just like watching me gran, the mouth is flapping but the words coming out dont mean very much :) x

I was asking you a question, there's not supposed to be any meaning. Would it be easier if I drew you a picture?

Archived