[BBC News] Three men arrested in drug raids

Newsbot

As a democrat I find it incredible that you are not willing to accept the will of the majority through parliament and the legal system (your 'self righteous shite spouted by people yadda yadda yadda) They have the right because you, whether you like it or not, gave them that right.

I don't want any of this "but I didn't vote for them" crap either, that would be stupid and childish.

You want to take drugs, fine, just stop whinging when you are arrested and criminalised for your selfish actions.

Ironically, I have yet to find one drug user who is able to put a cohesive argument for illegal drug use beyond "Because I should be able to do with my body what I want" pure bollocks.

I'm done with this crap anyway, do what you want and keep away from my house.

Sorry Skrappey, but I do not agree with your thinking about democracy here, what you are explaining doesn't sound like one at all.

People do give the politicians the right to make such decisions on their behalf because they are fooled into thinking that the political system works for them and does actually work. For those who do vote, it would be wrong to silence those who disagree with the drugs laws and want change. For example, I am 26 and a lot of drug laws that relate to me came before I was born or were enacted before I had a vote. Nevertheless, anyone silly enough to think that voting could give them any say on drugs is probably on them.

As for not voting, such a position only adds weight to the argument about why the policy and law makers have the right to say what a person can or cannot do with their body.

I think it is a perfectly good point to ask why a small group in society should not only dictate what we can or cannot do in our lives, but also dictate what we can or cannot do with our bodies. Surely we only accept it because we have all been bred to accept this form of authority. But if the point is crap, please explain why.

I don't know whether it is a big deal, but seems an interesting point, but a lot of people who appear to be against drugs end up at the stage of saying "Fine, take them, but serves you right if you get arrested". Well yeah, fair enough. I think everyone accepts that a legal system is in place, however wrong it can be in this case. We recognise that we would get punished if caught so the onus is on us to make sure we don't get caught. But there is nothing to stop us whinging about the legal system and recognising it as an injustice when people are convicted and sentenced.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't accept the position as being bollocks. Just because you say so don't make it so.

Paople take illegal drugs so they are committing a crime, criminals. Where is that statement wrong?

bit late .. but it was all bollocks skrappy you were talking .. but from what ive been reading why break a habit just for new years sake..

if its any consolation your not alone.

its criminal to lock a man up and criminalise him for years after for possesion of less than 0.5 of a gramm. of cannabis .. i dont care a button for any self rightous sh1te spouted by people who think they have a right to tell me what i can or cannot put in my body in the privacy of my own home..

If I am able to interpret you're post I will attempt to put things in context ; possession of illegal drugs is ILLEGAL, although getting 'locked up' for having 0.5 of a gramme is highly unlikely in our society. Criminalised for years, yea and why not, he is a criminal after all.

As a democrat I find it incredible that you are not willing to accept the will of the majority through parliament and the legal system (your 'self righteous shite spouted by people yadda yadda yadda) They have the right because you, whether you like it or not, gave them that right.

I don't want any of this "but I didn't vote for them" crap either, that would be stupid and childish.

You want to take drugs, fine, just stop whinging when you are arrested and criminalised for your selfish actions.

Ironically, I have yet to find one drug user who is able to put a cohesive argument for illegal drug use beyond "Because I should be able to do with my body what I want" pure bollocks.

there you go again it just flows out of you.. .. i must have dreamt my 15 days for an unweighable amount then found in my tobacco.

Oh you poor liddle boy, did the nasty man throw away your toys when he found them, did your mummy tell you off for playing with the naughty boys, give me a break FFS, you were caught and paid the price you arsehole. I expect, indeed would be shocked to find otherwise, that there were many mitigating circumstances in the summing up, also some previous could be expected to be admitted to. Do your bird and stop whining. You must have really pissed off the Deamster that day.

I just didn't use a simplistic enough style of words for some to understand, sorry for that.

Original words were simple to understand and simple bollocks...hence the necessity for me to highlight the statement as such and explain why.

Accept your begrudging apology though with the last strands of festive spirit i have remaining, thanks !! :rolleyes:

I don't accept the position as being bollocks. Just because you say so don't make it so.

Paople take illegal drugs so they are committing a crime, criminals. Where is that statement wrong?

bit late .. but it was all bollocks skrappy you were talking .. but from what ive been reading why break a habit just for new years sake..

if its any consolation your not alone.

its criminal to lock a man up and criminalise him for years after for possesion of less than 0.5 of a gramm. of cannabis .. i dont care a button for any self rightous sh1te spouted by people who think they have a right to tell me what i can or cannot put in my body in the privacy of my own home..

If I am able to interpret you're post I will attempt to put things in context ; possession of illegal drugs is ILLEGAL, although getting 'locked up' for having 0.5 of a gramme is highly unlikely in our society. Criminalised for years, yea and why not, he is a criminal after all.

there you go again it just flows out of you.. .. i must have dreamt my 15 days for an unweighable amount then found in my tobacco.

Oh you poor liddle boy, did the nasty man throw away your toys when he found them, did your mummy tell you off for playing with the naughty boys, give me a break FFS, you were caught and paid the price you arsehole. I expect, indeed would be shocked to find otherwise, that there were many mitigating circumstances in the summing up, also some previous could be expected to be admitted to. Do your bird and stop whining. You must have really pissed off the Deamster that day.

sorry skrappy i thought i was talking to someone adove the legal age to vote..

i wont be wasting any more words on you.

Archived