[BBC News] Drivers targeted 'morning after'

Newsbot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever way if you drink and drive you deserve to get caught and a hefty fine along with a long ban there is no excuse to drink and drive for any reason, I for one would have no hesitation in shopping anyone I saw doing this as I have several times in the past.

Manx Radio

A number of special buses are being laid on tonight to take revellers home from Douglas to various parts of the Island.

They will all leave Loch Promenade at 1.15am, and in all cases the journey will cost £5.

One service will go to Castletown, Port Erin and Port St Mary, another to Ramsey and a third will head west to Peel.

Manx Radio

A number of special buses are being laid on tonight to take revellers home from Douglas to various parts of the Island.

They will all leave Loch Promenade at 1.15am, and in all cases the journey will cost £5.

One service will go to Castletown, Port Erin and Port St Mary, another to Ramsey and a third will head west to Peel.

I..am...almost.....beyond....words.

And at 5 quid for a boozy run across the Island at that time is not bad value either.

Ok, who bought the DoLT a box of ideas for Christmas?

Manx Radio

I..am...almost.....beyond....words.

And at 5 quid for a boozy run across the Island at that time is not bad value either.

Ok, who bought the DoLT a box of ideas for Christmas?

They run them every year. But by 1:15 most revellers are too p!ssed to remember! :D

Whatever way if you drink and drive you deserve to get caught and a hefty fine along with a long ban there is no excuse to drink and drive for any reason, I for one would have no hesitation in shopping anyone I saw doing this as I have several times in the past. --------------------Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways yelling "HOLY SHIT!!! WHAT A RIDE THAT WAS!!!"

Obviously do not live up to your strap line then?!!!

Whatever way if you drink and drive you deserve to get caught and a hefty fine along with a long ban there is no excuse to drink and drive for any reason, I for one would have no hesitation in shopping anyone I saw doing this as I have several times in the past. --------------------Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways yelling "HOLY SHIT!!! WHAT A RIDE THAT WAS!!!"

I don't have to be an idiot and put other peoples life at risk by being a brainless wanker who drink drives to live up to it.

I don't have to be an idiot and put other peoples life at risk by being a brainless wanker who drink drives to live up to it.

How nice it must be to be perfect.

S

How nice it must be to be perfect.

S

I'm with jimbms on this one. Nothing to do with being perfect. Surely it's just common sense that drinking and driving isn't a good or safe idea. I'm sure there are people who have been caught and have genuinely made a mistake about thinking they were under the limit (usually the morning after). However there are drink drivers out there who are convinced they can drive perfectly after a night at the pub and do so on a regular basis. Excuses about there being inadequate late night transport home is still no excuse for getting behind the wheel. It's not the drink drivers safety I worry about, its the innocent road users they kill or injure.

Archived