[BBC News] Drivers targeted 'morning after'

Newsbot

Easy, it's taken off the road someone that WILLINGLY WHILE IMPAIRED got behind ther wheel and drove.

No, Scrappie, it's taken off the road the person who is much LESS likely to cause an accident, and left on the road the one who is much MORE likely.

But because the dangerous one hasn't been drinking, your knee hasn't jerked.

S

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easy, it's taken off the road someone that WILLINGLY WHILE IMPAIRED got behind ther wheel and drove.

No, Scrappie, it's taken off the road the person who is much LESS likely to cause an accident, and left on the road the one who is much MORE likely.

But because the dangerous one hasn't been drinking, your knee hasn't jerked.

S

You are really a star sometimes, your statement that two thirds of accidents are caused by sober people is entertaining.

That leaves one third of accidents caused by people that have been drinking. If we do the maths and assume 4% of drivers are intoxicated at any one time then 1/3 of accidents are caused by 1/25th of the drivers. This makes them 75 times more likely to have an accident, I think. Anyway even if my maths is wrong, and I'm sure an accountant can tell me, drivers who are drunk are much more dangerous behind the wheel than sober people.

Your assertion can not be proved or even backed up by statistics from anywhere, why do you do it?

A drunk driver is less likely to have an accident? If someone is capable of getting behind the wheel under the influence once they are highly likely to do so again until caught and banned. If they have to retake their test there is every chance they will be less likely to do so again, having realised the privations of the loss of their license leads to.

I really can not understand why you are putting the argument that someone is more dangerous sober than drunk.

Archived