Another One Bites The Dust

ste1205

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it will look just fine in the backs of lorries its an eyesore..

What - translation please :)

The GI was very nice 20-odd years ago, it'll be interesting to see how the new appartments look.

The GI was very nice 20-odd years ago, it'll be interesting to see how the new appartments look.

And of course they are not allowed to build the new apartments until the "new" hotel has been opened.

The GI was very nice 20-odd years ago

Are you sure you are not remembering it through the rose tinted specs of memory ?

I remember it as dilapidated 25 years ago.

OK - 35 years ago then it was still OK.

Anyone ever stay there? We stayed over for one night while we were at a wedding instead of getting a taxi back and just for the experience. Yes it was like something out of a horror movie but the service and views were excellent! The breakfast was really nice.

Bad points were allot of dead flies in the room and the beds were a little... Hmmm...

If they took the 70's extension off the side then the building wouldn't look so bad.

I stayed there for a night in 1996 - very nice to wake up to a sea view like that in the morning and the breakfast and service were indeed very good.

It should be a cracking hotel. I had a mate who got a sous chef job there in the late nineties and he walked out within a fortnight because he couldn't see any way in which they'd change their ways for the better.

I really do hope the new hotel gets built.. but I won't hold my breath.

The GI was very nice 20-odd years ago

Are you sure you are not remembering it through the rose tinted specs of memory ?

I remember it as dilapidated 25 years ago.

it looks very good on page 51 of this month's Manx Tails.

Presumably that's a digitally enhanced picture.

what a shame to see such a land mark go.. but I remember working there 25 years ago, when the place was full of 100's of guests - breakfast lunch and dinner, as well as countless functions, even in those days you could see the place needed a fortune spent on it! I was in there a couple of weeks ago, and the place hasnt changed a bit in all that time, mas I say, a real shame but wonderful memories!!!!

Archived