Israel/hamas - Whos Gonna Break First?

MilitantDogOwner

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I study terrorism but not done a lot of reading about Mossad.

that is a classic!

actually it is .. mossed are the daddies of all secret services and they appear to have past him by .. now thats what you call a SECRET service..

actually it is .. mossed are the daddies of all secret services and they appear to have past him by .. now thats what you call a SECRET service..

If we evenly covered the most infamous secret service organisations then Mossad would there, but it is not essential topic. I thought MI5 would be interesting, but definitely isn't. Not that I would watch something as contrived as Spooks but things really aren't that exciting. I should have looked into Mossad.

If we evenly covered the most infamous secret service organisations then Mossad would there, but it is not essential topic. I thought MI5 would be interesting, but definitely isn't. Not that I would watch something as contrived as Spooks but things really aren't that exciting. I should have looked into Mossad.

You have clearly never met any M15 people.

S

S

No, only gathered from what I have and the sort of operations that are against in respect of the 'targets'. I only caught 20 minutes of a Spooks episode and it was so obviously all glammed up, though I appreciate it is a TV programme which requires some sensationalist stories. I assume the impression you were given by someone you met is that it is exciting stuff?

Comparing MI5 to the CIA and Mossad is apples and oranges, they have completely different roles..

Yeah you are right, MI5 operate within Britain, the others operate outside of their respective countries. I only meant to say what secret organisations I did reading on, thinking which would be more interesting.

S

No, only gathered from what I have and the sort of operations that are against in respect of the 'targets'. I only caught 20 minutes of a Spooks episode and it was so obviously all glammed up, though I appreciate it is a TV programme which requires some sensationalist stories. I assume the impression you were given by someone you met is that it is exciting stuff?

Several people, and yes.

S

Several people, and yes.

S

I am surprised, exciting stuff is not what I have ever picked up upon from reading about MI5 but I think then it depends on what you enjoy doing as to what is exciting or not. But Spooks is clearly sensationalised with its stories. But it is obviously a fallacy this common idea that the layman has about working for the services behind exciting, with parallels made with James Bond. I remember some article in the papers not long ago about how MI5 wants to start recruiting from the ethnic minorities and to begin to recruit gay people, and there was a photo of James Bond.

I remember some article in the papers not long ago about how MI5 wants to start recruiting from the ethnic minorities and to begin to recruit gay people, and there was a photo of James Bond.

Start? They need to STOP recruiting gay people.

S

I'm 26 Manxman

Going back to Israel though, if attempts are made to solve the issues in Israel/Palestinian, do you think it is right that the Americans and Israelis should have dialogue with the Palestinian terrorist organizations, or is it too late to refuse to deal with them? I only ask because I was reading an interesting book a good while ago about methods to stop terrorism. It's main argument was that the biggest mistake over the past 50 years has been that the West has been eager to offer Palestinians concessions or pay ransom whenever terrorist attacks have occurred or hostages taken. And this level of recognition has given their cause a massive boost and led them to continue using terrorism as a method of extracting concession after concession.

I'm 26 Manxman

Going back to Israel though, if attempts are made to solve the issues in Israel/Palestinian, do you think it is right that the Americans and Israeli should have dialogue with the terrorists, or is it too late to refuse to deal with them.

by terrorists, do you mean hamas? who are, incidently, the most DEMOCRATIC government in the middle east.

i think the most important thing that israel needs to do is to start recognising hamas as the elected government of gaza

Archived