Slimming Award For Port St Mary Woman

Albert Tatlock

She lost me plus one stone, that is mental. How do people get so fat? No need.

How can people stay so skinny? :P

Having been "a little" overweight, I know full well how easy it is, and that's without eating junk food, too. A slow metabolism and an overhealthy appetite soon puts the pounds on. It's amazing how many calories you get from just one look at food.

Trouble is, once you've taken some of those unhealthy pounds off, you tend to be left with the flab. :crying:

I cheat :) smoking, it really is so underrated as a diet aid. I know, I know, its really bad for me...not, I did stop smoking but it was rubbish, stone on in a month, forget that. I do not smoke very much, 3-5 a day and it works for me. My body my choice.

A slow metabolism and an overhealthy appetite soon puts the pounds on. It's amazing how many calories you get from just one look at food.

A complete inability to walk past a pie shop without going in is also a contributing factor.

A slow metabolism and an overhealthy appetite soon puts the pounds on. It's amazing how many calories you get from just one look at food.

A complete inability to walk past a pie shop without going in is also a contributing factor.

well said hboy, bollocks to that metabolism nonsense.

Dont eat = Die

Eat to little = be skinny

Eat normaly = be normal

Eat to much = be fat

Eat far too much = be very fat

Its not rocket science.

But well done to her for sorting herself out.

I've been on a self-imposed diet since early October and lost 10kg. Did a week of powdered stuff and water, then went back on food but I THINK of what I'm eating nowadays and try to be more sensible. No more butties, burgers, pasta or pizza, much less rice and fewer spuds. Lots of lean meat and (bleurgh) salad.

Every now and then I blow out - tonight I made fillet steak and proper chips and had chip butties (you can take the boy out of Manchester...) but I know I'll have to stick to low carbs now for a week to avoid putting any weight back on.

Thing is, it was SO satisfying to feel full for once (yeah, I know that's dumb, but...).

Thankfully I haven't walked in the shoes of a 26 stone person, so I won't criticise.

Archived