Marks And Spencer Job Losses!

johnquayleiom

Went in marksies yesterday - at a guess, 50% of shelves were empty. No wonder they aren't making much money - maybe if they had stuff to sell they would increae their margins??

Plu sthey are rubbish at taking old items off shelves - I bought a sandwich filler in there a few weeks ago - unfortunately the use by date meant i couldnt use the product for my pack lunch the following day.

The stock control in the food part of M+S is dire.

Food is frequently out of date and it is a lottery as to whether certain products will be on the shelves regardless of what time you go in there.

Whoever is in charge of it certainly needs a redundancy notice

It wouldnt be so annoying if they had a reduced food section for items reaching their sell by date...I heard the staff get first picks then it is thrown away.

Maybe that's why the borderline food is left on the shelves and the fresh stuff left on the pallets

It's far to dear anyway, I saw two slices of parma Ham in there for about 1.50. You could buy a pack of about 20 slices at Robinsons for 8.50

They seem to be another PLC which has lost direction. In the UK everything that M&S sell can be bought cheaper and often better from other outlets

e.g food from Tesco furniture & kitchenware from Ikea, clothes from Primark

They will end up another Woolies unless they get their act together

recently I've had to regularly shop for microwaveable ready meals for a stroke-afflicted friend - I found the local M&S (across) does indeed reduce prices on near sell-by-date meals; on expressing surprise to other shoppers a couple of pensioners said that it had been going on for some time - generally at about 3pm most afternoons. I don't know what happens to other food items - at one time I understood they gave such food to the Sally Ann.

Plu sthey are rubbish at taking old items off shelves - I bought a sandwich filler in there a few weeks ago - unfortunately the use by date meant i couldnt use the product for my pack lunch the following day.

Why did you buy it then?

Most M&S food (unless there is only one or two items left) with a sell-by date of that particular day is normally reduced by the staff from about 2pm in the afternoon. So if you notice a large gathering of pensioners around the meat and fish section be quick before they grab it all!

Strange that they are closing some of their stores, when they are in the middle of building a new Simply Food store 15 minutes away from where I live, creating 50 jobs!

Didn't realise they could do that, especially if they are paying people off elsewhere in the UK.

Archived