Marks And Spencer Job Losses!

johnquayleiom

Strange that they are closing some of their stores, when they are in the middle of building a new Simply Food store 15 minutes away from where I live, creating 50 jobs!

Didn't realise they could do that, especially if they are paying people off elsewhere in the UK.

Your local rag soon - "All building work has been stopped on the Marks & Spencers 'Simply Food' store due to open soon. A number of jobs were thought to have been made at the store."

I'm sure the plans for the store were well under way before they had to make some cuts. Maybe its the non-food retail of M&S that has been suffering, and not the 'Simply Food' stores.

Strange that they are closing some of their stores, when they are in the middle of building a new Simply Food store 15 minutes away from where I live, creating 50 jobs!

Didn't realise they could do that, especially if they are paying people off elsewhere in the UK.

Your local rag soon - "All building work has been stopped on the Marks & Spencers 'Simply Food' store due to open soon. A number of jobs were thought to have been made at the store."

I'm sure the plans for the store were well under way before they had to make some cuts. Maybe its the non-food retail of M&S that has been suffering, and not the 'Simply Food' stores.

Seems to be 25 of 355 Simply Food stores that are closing. However after posting on here found this article which says they are still opening new stores that they are committed to.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle5469943.ece

Hand written with the finest quill pen.

Each sheet of carbon paper removed by a silk glove.

Address hand written on a crisp white envelope.

First class stamp added with syle.

Sealed by hand for that perfect touch.

This is not just any P45

This is a M&S P45

enjoy redundancy responsibly, terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.

The thread title is about job losses, and the content of the thread is about lack of stock. Ok......

Big picture. M&S are shedding jobs, mainly in their food outlets. This appears to be a discussion about why.

It's all relative I suppose.

Analysts are expecting 'only around 590 million pounds profit rather than 630 million'

Last year M and S made 1 billion pounds profit.

Next year it could fall to 450 million pounds.

Personally I have never bought their over-priced food.

Personally I have never bought their over-priced food.

They seem to have brought many prices down recently - having to shop for someone who needs ready meals I found their ready meals are ideal size for a pensioner and actually work out cheaper than other larger but more expensive ready meals not all of which is eaten. I suspect they have researched their market well and it isn't the Icland junk food end that Shoprite aims for

Archived