Objection To The Darwin Thread Closure

Domino

nice move Amadeus in locking the thread but I think it was too late, you are now stopping people who wanted to speak back against the idiots who kicked it off. I missed posting the following by seconds by the looks of thinga and would appreciate it if you would leave this live.....

Stavros started this thread and I just can’t understand why. The Island is a small place and the lad and his family will have been known to many whether first hand, second hand or whatever.

I don’t think it should have been allowed to be posted here; the people who enjoy such sites should stay ON those sites.

But what response did it get? Tongue in cheek shit stirring from a moderator who would have been better off trying to moderate.

And jovial comments from a militant dog owner who disregards any sensitivity and covers it with a cavalier – ‘hey life is like that; death happens; let's have a laugh’.

And, directly at Militant etc etc - how about you and I meet up, find a live lamp post for your dog to piss against, then adjourn to the pub and get a few laughs entertaining folk while you describe the death spasms of your beloved mutt.

nice move Amadeus in locking the thread but I think it was too late, you are now stopping people who wanted to speak back against the idiots who kicked it off. I missed posting the following by seconds by the looks of thinga and would appreciate it if you would leave this live.....

Stavros started this thread and I just can’t understand why. The Island is a small place and the lad and his family will have been known to many whether first hand, second hand or whatever.

I don’t think it should have been allowed to be posted here; the people who enjoy such sites should stay ON those sites.

But what response did it get? Tongue in cheek shit stirring from a moderator who would have been better off trying to moderate.

And jovial comments from a militant dog owner who disregards any sensitivity and covers it with a cavalier – ‘hey life is like that; death happens; let's have a laugh’.

And, directly at Militant etc etc - how about you and I meet up, find a live lamp post for your dog to piss against, then adjourn to the pub and get a few laughs entertaining folk while you describe the death spasms of your beloved mutt.

Militantdogowner is a FUCKWITT.

Laughing at someones sad demise might give him a stubby but to me it was too close to the bone.

I remember him getting arsey about the death of Champ - a fuckwitts dog - he can blub about some dead idiots dog but when a human dies in sad circumstances its totally different. What a fucking knob is all I can say.

I knew the family and I was sickened to see the thread at all.

On top of that though, I was not surprised at some of the posts, not surprised at all. Amongst the many welcome visitors, there are some very unpleasant people have made the Island their home over the past few years

I didn't see you complain about it when it was printed in the newspapers and published on their website:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Indonesia-t...d-of.4452468.jp

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Teenager-ki...ents.4445613.jp

Maybe we should just stop news being printed anywhere and in any format.....

I saw nothing partiulary wrong with the posting of the link and mentioning it as unfortunatly the event however tragic happened. I would not have want those to have posted to be gratuitously offensive about it, but I also I think that those who thought they might be easily offended might have taken the sensible decision not to have read.

We all have different level of tastes and what we find decent and acceptable, which this may or may not have been. But it is an interenet forum which is not necessarily a place where you might expect to find a high threshold across the board, and the initial posting seems alot less insensitive than some postings I have seen post crashes, deaths, arrests etc on this site

Tongue in cheek shit stirring from a moderator who would have been better off trying to moderate.

As the only moderator bar Amadeus to post in the thread, and he just closed it off, I assume you're referring to me. I asked a pertinent question that had complete relevance to the discussion. Nothing tongue in cheek about it, nor was it shit stirring.

As moderators, we try to use reports as our guide as to what the forum readers do not want to read. At this time, we've not received a single report to complain about the content of the thread. Amadeus has closed the thread to let everyone calm down and it will be reopened. Starting another thread, in completely the wrong forum, just so you can bitch like a girl about it is not a good idea. Don't do this again. Save your comments for the re-opened thread.

Archived