[BBC News] Airport figures maintain levels

Newsbot

The Isle of Man's airport weathered the 2008 downturn in air travel and the global economic crisis, figures show.

Er...that's because it'll only hit us later this year numbnuts - don't you know anything about the linkage between the IOM - ROW/UK economies?

Ah, the dear Directress; how rosy those tinted spectacles are becoming. Is anyone able to remind us of the projected growth figures that were used to justify/bedazzle/bamboozle/mystify/confuse/con our elected intelligencia in the Keys to sanction the waste of tax payers money on airport 'improvement' projects? (the new ATC facility is needed). And how much longer is Euromanx's demise going to be trotted out as the source of airport's woes? It's like Noo Labour still blaming its problems on the Tories - 11 years ago. Get over it! Good luck to Aer Arann on the London City route; much needed and a viable opponent to the flybe monopoly on London routes.

Ah, the dear Directress; how rosy those tinted spectacles are becoming. Is anyone able to remind us of the projected growth figures that were used to justify/bedazzle/bamboozle/mystify/confuse/con our elected intelligencia in the Keys to sanction the waste of tax payers money on airport 'improvement' projects?

I'd suggest that the same tactics as usual were used - offer some schmuck his name on a plaque and bobs your uncle we have a useless multi million pound capital project.

The document I posted on here which was a prediction of the downturn for the airlines and for Ronaldsway was dismissed by Tony Brown et al in Tynwald as nothing more than an intellectual exercise and did not alter the necessity for the capital expenditure. I agree, it was nothing more than an intellectual exercise, it was also correct !!

PS I was not its author

btw have you seen that smart new car park, not yet seen a car in it. The economic crisis has in some ways saved the faces of the proponents of the original planning application as was available on CD, as they now have something to blame.

Archived