Malodorous Milk

mollag

I always get my milk from Cooil Bros, The Views, Bradda, Port Erin. Telephone 833181.

You can guarantee it to be fresh, straight from the farm.

Cooil Bros are the last independent milk bottlers on the Island.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mate works for Shoprite and he told me that all there 1 pints of semi-skimmed milk dated the 13th was delivered and was put on sale and was then taken off sale and was replaced by the dairy within 30 mins as is was off and they knew all about it it was only the 1 pints an not 2's or 4 pints so something is going on !!!

OMG - Milkygate !

Who knew? Was there a cover up?

He said it was only green milk dated 13th Jan batch 1601???

I also avoid buying milk from Shoprite. Sometimes it has a rank, oily smell.

This further point applies to all milk suppliers - is it really too much to ask for milk in plastic bottles to have the tops cleaned of rotting, dried milk, before putting on sale to the public? I think this is really unhygienic and probably a health hazard.

I also avoid buying milk from Shoprite. Sometimes it has a rank, oily smell.

This further point applies to all milk suppliers - is it really too much to ask for milk in plastic bottles to have the tops cleaned of rotting, dried milk, before putting on sale to the public? I think this is really unhygienic and probably a health hazard.

Seconded, but with a request that the lids are properly sealed so you don't get any seepage; if milk is getting out, then something is getting in!

Archived