Whoohoo No Bottom Ash For Archallagan

bishbashbosh

The article states that the ash will be processed down at the the Turkeyland quarry. I hope they don't decide to put it in the bottom of the quarry. The bottom of the quarry is below the water table. All the toxins will seap into the sea and affect the surrounding marine wildlife. They obviosly didn't think this thing through properly when they decided to build the incinerator. <_< WHERE WILL WE PUT THE WASTE ASH........doh :(

I was having a chat with a woman from DOLGE recently with regard to re-cycling my glass aluminium and cardboard

She was quite helpeful, but during our chat I asked if the incinerator was still being topped up with tankerloads of red diesel

She told me that it was sometimes neccassary to use diesel in the combustion process to raise the temperature for the burning of clinical waste

Didn't they just build a seperate incinerator for this purpose ? despite our being told at the original public enquiry that the big plant would take care of all our waste disposal

I was having a chat with a woman from DOLGE recently with regard to re-cycling my glass aluminium and cardboard

She was quite helpeful, but during our chat I asked if the incinerator was still being topped up with tankerloads of red diesel

She told me that it was sometimes neccassary to use diesel in the combustion process to raise the temperature for the burning of clinical waste

Didn't they just build a seperate incinerator for this purpose ? despite our being told at the original public enquiry that the big plant would take care of all our waste disposal

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=3

If you check the web site there are two incinerators in the one building, on for clinical waste etc.

I have heard that there is not enough waste to burn and keep the thing up to temprature, so they have to keep it going with oil.

If people stopped bloody recycling and stuffed all there crap in the bin maybe they'd have enough to keep it going!

NOTE: most of this info is gained from a bloke down the pub, so may not be entirely accurate. Please refer to open and honest Government for full details.

bit about two incinerators is on the U.K. site http://www.sita.co.uk/local-authorities/in...ste/isle-of-man

I'm told the incinerator is actually producing power again for the first time in years, oh hang on just checked their web site and nope its stopped again!

Emissions data goes over its limits quite regularly :huh:

http://www.sita.co.im/

That's interesting data. It shows the plant is clearly stopping and starting very often - no wonder they have had problems with cracking in the chimney liners. Heating up and cooling down all the time must really f**k them up. The plant can't be operating anywhere near capacity if this is the case.

It would make sense to burn all of our crap rather thann creating yet another government expense in running a recycling operation. I hear the new recycling bin wagons cost them £800k then there is staffing, operating costs and of course another 500 civil servants to manage the operation. It would have been much easier for them to decide to burn all our shite and be done with it.

There's a lot of "I hear"s in this thread.

Sorry I thought that was the point of internet forums? Maybe we should become journalists and only post information validated from several independent sources?

Archived