Whoohoo No Bottom Ash For Archallagan

bishbashbosh

It would make sense to burn all of our crap rather thann creating yet another government expense in running a recycling operation. I hear the new recycling bin wagons cost them £800k then there is staffing, operating costs and of course another 500 civil servants to manage the operation. It would have been much easier for them to decide to burn all our shite and be done with it.

Don't you need the kerbside for separation of domestic waste to end up with something burnable?

She told me that it was sometimes neccassary to use diesel in the combustion process to raise the temperature for the burning of clinical waste

To the best of my limited knowledge the Main waste burner and Clinical waste burner is now converted to use Waste oils from local garages, powerstation and the likes so the Diesel fuel is now used only for start ups, which is what is required on all incinerator site. It dont start by someone opening a door and throwing a match in ;)

The article states that the ash will be processed down at the the Turkeyland quarry. I hope they don't decide to put it in the bottom of the quarry. The bottom of the quarry is below the water table. All the toxins will seap into the sea and affect the surrounding marine wildlife. They obviosly didn't think this thing through properly when they decided to build the incinerator. <_< WHERE WILL WE PUT THE WASTE ASH........doh :(

you have the relevant knowledge to back this statement up?

The article states that the ash will be processed down at the the Turkeyland quarry. I hope they don't decide to put it in the bottom of the quarry. The bottom of the quarry is below the water table. All the toxins will seap into the sea and affect the surrounding marine wildlife. They obviosly didn't think this thing through properly when they decided to build the incinerator. <_< WHERE WILL WE PUT THE WASTE ASH........doh :(

I take my dogs walking in fields nearby, you can't actually see parts of the bottom of the quarry anymore because it's full of water, I would have assumed that that would be the level of the watertable??

I take my dogs walking in fields nearby, you can't actually see parts of the bottom of the quarry anymore because it's full of water, I would have assumed that that would be the level of the watertable??

thats a sump to collect the rain water that falls in the quarry, standard quarrying practice.

Perhaps the same solution as used in The Wooden Horse by Eric Williams. The ash could be hidden in pillow cases sewn into trousers and gradually dropped during walking. The rest could be hidden under floorboards and in roofs.

post-4809-1231508026_thumb.jpg

That'll fool Jerry.

Since the smoking ban people will go to extraordinary lengths to "smirk a fag" using innovative techniques. I wasnt aware, however, that anal inhilation was a physical possibility never mind the resultant hazard of said topic. ?

Bravo Mr Archallagan !

thats a sump to collect the rain water that falls in the quarry, standard quarrying practice.

They use a pump to keep the water level down. It's there all year round. Your telling me they need to pump out the rain fall even though it hasn't rained. You only need to stand at the top and look down and see that the bottom of the quarry is below sea level :o

Archived