[BBC News] Man charged over indecent images

Newsbot

You can see how the repressive Islamic regimes all seem to have the higher ages of consent. But was very surprised to see California's at 18. But then American is a bit of a hodge podge. Shocking though. Even 16 seems to me to be too high. But the shocking thing is that some countries forbid sex outside of marriage. It is sometimes easy to not realise or recognise just how repressive some regimes are.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i named a warrior conqueror without doing a back ground check!! my fault. BM's response was also apt. the point i was hoping to illustrate was that the need to control and dominate is not unique to paedo's if that truly is their thinking?? some may just think they are being 'loving' to their what we call victims??

Gotta love the intuitiveness of Google Ads:- "Sexually motivated images through a computer.. let me see now..."

Getty Images

The Perfect Photo at Getty Images Search Over 2,000,000 Images.

Lonely in Isle Of Man

Free month just for Isle Of Man residents

iMANN IT Solutions

IT & Internet Services Isle of Man PC Support, PC Repair & Web Design

so i named a warrior conqueror without doing a back ground check!! my fault. BM's response was also apt. the point i was hoping to illustrate was that the need to control and dominate is not unique to paedo's if that truly is their thinking?? some may just think they are being 'loving' to their what we call victims??

Sorry WTF, not sure what point you are trying to make.

If I had kids and some peado was living next door to me, I'd want to know and then have them moved with great force ( great force being my foot in there balls ).

If I had kids and you were living next door to me, I'd move.

I'd hope you would, I wouldnt want your kids with there 6 feet, 3 heads and 8 arms near mine.

Fucking freaks.

I can't imagine your dense brood would be anything other than a bad influence so it's emphatically for the best that we inhabit opposite ends of the social spectrum.

so i named a warrior conqueror without doing a back ground check!!

Oh dear. Whatever happened to education? There was a time when you could have said "As every schoolboy knows, Genghis Kahn....etc...etc"

keyboarder

Posted Today, 09:00 PM

I can't imagine your dense brood would be anything other than a bad influence so it's emphatically for the best that we inhabit opposite ends of the social spectrum.

Haven't you been evicted from that squat yet?

Sorry WTF, not sure what point you are trying to make.

i was trying initialy to name a dominant controller of people that wasn't what we would call a paedo, but having a 12 year old wife sort of killed the point.

In August 2000, a female paediatrician consultant called Yvette Cloete was labelled a "paedo" after a campaign by the News of the World to name and shame paedophiles in the community.

The incident took place in Newport, Gwent.

Dr Cloete returned from work at the Royal Gwent Hospital to find "paedo" spray-painted on her front door.

Local police believe the graffiti was written by someone who confused her job title with the word paedophile.

BBC LINK

That is the problem with paedophiles - their crimes are so repulsive to most people that everyone wants to join the lynch mob. And yet the recent cases of young kids being physically abused - to the point where they died from their injuries - are surely every bit as horrible?

Obviously, such criminals have to be removed from mainstream society so that they cannot inflict their disgusting practices on other victims but there needs to be some form of psychological assessment of what it is that drives them. Most experts seem to believe it is a matter of being able to impose power/mastery over their victims rather than a simplistic sexual urge, which suggests that castration - either chemical or physical - is unlikely to render them harmless.

Although, as a parent, I can understand the desire for revenge - and would doubtlessly feel an urge to kill anyone who harmed my kids - I recognise that this a primal urge for revenge that, in the long term, will not do very much to prevent such cases happening in future. A greater understanding of the mentality of such people is needed if there is to be any hope of reducing such crimes

Incidentally, the point made by other posters about teenagers being labelled as paedophiles when the difference in the ages of a couple may be no more than a couple of years is a valid one - it is high time that such 'crimes' were given a separate and much more clearly defined identity.

At last, a sensible post. There appears to be a correlation between sense and the ability to spell "paedo" correctly.

S

Archived