Whitley Council Punch Up

mollag

Whats all this with Manx radio news about problems with the Whitley Council.

Half a bloody story, " we arnt saying what happened but just to let you know something did"

Please, full story or keep shtum for me.

The society would be much poorer if it wasn't for people who voice opinions which contradict the dull consensus.

Sometimes the island seems very smug and right wing to me. And I do not mean 'right - wing' in a modern, economically liberal, free thinking, joint smoking, free-loving or groovy kind of a 1960s way :) I mean old fashioned stupid right - wing.

I do not always agree with or even understand what BM is saying but I like the fact that anyone says anything which goes against the grain. I've been reading the Celtic League press releases on their site - it's a world away from my world ... but I like the fact that he sees things with an internationalist view and is prepared to say what he thinks.

It's a pity that more people are not a bit more radical or cross. And a bit less ready to conform to type. There would be some hope if he was the late middle aged fuddy-duddy branch of the soft left here and there was a younger up and coming wing which had been influenced by him. Sadly he seems like a bit of a lone voice with nobody coming after him.

ETA: the risk is that we all end up thinking the same. Which will be the political equivalent of feedback or inter-breeding.

The society would be much poorer if it wasn't for people who voice opinions which contradict the dull consensus.

I'm all for free speech but Bernie 'stuck record' Moffatt is basically repeating the same old garbage he trotted out 20 years ago. Nothing new I'm afraid and never sought public office so his comments carry about the same weight as mine (ziltch).

he is a good man bernie. imo.

never let the bastards forget bernie son..

havent a clue which bastards im on about but theres no smoke without fire .. and i think we still need a voice in the wilderness reminding us of the pre dandara days..

I'm all for free speech but Bernie 'stuck record' Moffatt is basically repeating the same old garbage he trotted out 20 years ago. Nothing new I'm afraid and never sought public office so his comments carry about the same weight as mine (ziltch).

Look at the Celtic League site - the reason he has to trot out the same old 'garbage' as you call it is that nothing's been done to rectify the many wrongs that he's highlighted. These issues might seem trivial to you, but I don't thinkl that Sellafield problems, mysterious disappearances of fishing boats and links to nuclear submarines, Nimrod safety, inhumane treatment of political prisoners etc etc are unimportant. It's because he's never sought public office that he can campaign for justice within the so called 'Celtic' countries - if he was an MHK he'd have to toe the line.

Archived