Whitley Council Punch Up

mollag

......reminding us of the pre dandara days..

Oh, yes, those good old days where half of the Island would be unemployed after September each year.

Those good old days, when they parked buses outside the dole office / job centre so people didn't have to wait in the rain.

Those good old days, when people were put in 'Winter work gangs' to get them off the dole, digging up roads.

Those good old days when a career was either with the IOM Bank, Steam Packet or Government. Anything else was only found away from these shores.

I tell you what, you fuck off back to those 'Good old days'.

I'm fine here thanks.

......reminding us of the pre dandara days..

Oh, yes, those good old days where half of the Island would be unemployed after September each year.

Those good old days, when they parked buses outside the dole office / job centre so people didn't have to wait in the rain.

Those good old days, when people were put in 'Winter work gangs' to get them off the dole, digging up roads.

Those good old days when a career was either with the IOM Bank, Steam Packet or Government. Anything else was only found away from these shores.

I tell you what, you ####off back to those 'Good old days'.

I'm fine here thanks.

Do me a favour and show me where a Manks nationalist of merit has harped on about going back to re-live those good old days...

Unfortunately the Manx National Party is so screwed up by its refusal to take an oath of allegiance if any of them should happen to get elected that they can never be taken seriously as a political entity. "Either piss or get off the pot" would appear to be the appropriate expression, because simply squealing about everything from the safety of the sidelines is never going to help anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived