[BBC News] Walkers reminded over coast path

Newsbot

Walkers are being reminded not to use the coastal footpath at Ronaldsway Airport.

I wonder if PROWL will get their teeth in to this lot and try to cause a fuss and stink about it,

There you go Clarkson, why not build a runway? I believe there are some contractors in the Heathrow area who have recently found they haven't got much on for the next couple of years. :D

Walkers are being reminded not to use the coastal footpath at Ronaldsway Airport.

I wonder if PROWL will get their teeth in to this lot and try to cause a fuss and stink about it,

I sincerely hope that PROWL does! They should tear down the tape and the signs and make a point of walking up and down the path in large numbers. If the contractors get their machines all lined up and their timing right they should have most of them nicely flattened by tea time!

As it happened the Sunday group of the Footpaths Conservation Soc used it on the day before closure - we were not aware of its impending closure - all there was to confirm it was an already damp yellow notice stuck on a gate - in order to make a detour you have to get back on the Castletown road (via Belthane industrial park) - walk along the road then go back down to Derbyhaven - any bets that it will remain closed in future for security purposes ?

Archived