Dyslexia - 'a Cruel Fiction'

Lonan3

Yes, Rog, but what about the people who are apparently quite literate, show no signs of dyslexia and yet are abysmally thick - like yourself, for example?

LOL!

Best you can do?

Have to resort to ad hominem?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Rog, but what about the people who are apparently quite literate, show no signs of dyslexia and yet are abysmally thick - like yourself, for example?

LOL!

Best you can do?

Have to resort to ad hominem?

I'd already presented the arguments. What can I do if you persist in insisting that your opinion has more relevance than any facts?

I tend to find that the dyslexic people I have met have issues with writing and reading, but they excel far better in other areas. The education system revolves around reading and writing, simply because you find this particular method of learning difficult and continually challenging does make you thick. We weren't put on the planet to read and write and people are different as to how they pick up information and analyse it.

From dealing with many people over many years I’ve found that the diagnosis of dyslexia is far more often used as a safe dumping ground by doctors and psychologists for what is in reality stupidity and low intelligence than a genuine inability to relate words to things.

In addition the alleged ‘high intelligence’ supposedly often associated with dyslexia is in fact nothing more than animal cunning that the stupid develop to make up for their cerebral shortfall.

Oh dear is seems my son with 1st class honours in engineering and 3d design who has been statemented and suffers from dyslexia is realy thick. Get a grip Rog you fucking muppet and stop talking through your arse.

From dealing with many people over many years I’ve found that the diagnosis of dyslexia is far more often used as a safe dumping ground by doctors and psychologists for what is in reality stupidity and low intelligence than a genuine inability to relate words to things.

In addition the alleged ‘high intelligence’ supposedly often associated with dyslexia is in fact nothing more than animal cunning that the stupid develop to make up for their cerebral shortfall.

Oh dear is seems my son with 1st class honours in engineering and 3d design who has been statemented and suffers from dyslexia is realy thick. Get a grip Rog you fucking muppet and stop talking through your arse.

Did you actually read and understand what I wrote?

Pbviously not.

Not ALWAYS - just far more often.

From dealing with many people over many years I would have to say that many people are deeply ignorant when it comes to dyslexia. An American friend of mine was diagnosed with dyslexia as a child, did not get much help at school and left with no qualifications. He got a job in a restaurant and learnt fluent spoken Chinese from the guys he worked with. They tried to teach him to read and to his surprise he found that he had none of the problems he had had with English. Inspired with this confidence he went on to learn fluent written and spoken Japanese, Korean and Thai, and is now a comfortably well off owner of a fairly large import/export company in Seattle. He still can't write very well in English.

From dealing with many people over many years I would have to say that many people are deeply ignorant when it comes to dyslexia. An American friend of mine was diagnosed with dyslexia as a child, did not get much help at school and left with no qualifications. He got a job in a restaurant and learnt fluent spoken Chinese from the guys he worked with. They tried to teach him to read and to his surprise he found that he had none of the problems he had had with English. Inspired with this confidence he went on to learn fluent written and spoken Japanese, Korean and Thai, and is now a comfortably well off owner of a fairly large import/export company in Seattle. He still can't write very well in English.

Another prime example of using the condition ‘dyslexia’ as a ‘one size fit’s all’ solution that gets rid of a patient without serious investigation of the symtoms.

Archived