Any 'classic' Gamers Here?

Only been on the Island for a year or so, just wondered if anyone was still playing the classics. Don't get me wrong, I have every console, handheld pretty much known to man, but I still love the old stuff! I remember the arcade on Strand used to have Pac-Land, but that was about as close as they got to classics and (I forget the name) there's a pub in Laxey with a multigame cocktail machine with a few rip offs in.

So yeah, any old schoolers?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a MAME control panel in the kitchen, got bored with using a keyboard / joypad. She loves it.... (not much)

Got half a dozen full size dedicated machines too as well as a few PCBs.

Anyone know anywhere now that has the older stuff? A colleague spoke about somewhere in PSM, but I haven't been.

Are you including classic consoles or just arcade games.

My VB is a classic :) Along with my ZX Spectrum.

What speccy do you have? I ALWAYS miss out on them on eBay (too cheap!) but I want one with a decent (100+) selection of games. They go for silly money.

Only been on the Island for a year or so, just wondered if anyone was still playing the classics. Don't get me wrong, I have every console, handheld pretty much known to man, but I still love the old stuff! I remember the arcade on Strand used to have Pac-Land, but that was about as close as they got to classics and (I forget the name) there's a pub in Laxey with a multigame cocktail machine with a few rip offs in.

What was the arcade called where Capones is?

Super Loco in there, jeez that ate some 10p's!

What was the arcade called where Capones is?

Funland!

They always used to turn a blind eye to us walking in with screwdrivers, taking the front panels off machines and getting free credits as long as we didn't steal cash.

Archived