Any 'classic' Gamers Here?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got one of these, although mine is in better condition.

You have one of THOSE or a cocktail table in general? If it's original and you want to part company with it, let me know :)

I have an original Tito Phoenix cocktail table and a load of spare bits.

Not for sale sorry.

Oh lord, I spent so much money in Uncle Bens Cabin (near park road school) on their phoenix machine. They had an astro blasters too, but that was fucking annoying, yapping on all the time.

First machine I played on, a cocktail space invaders in the Shore in Laxey. I remember being utterly blown away by the fact that it went upside down when it was player 2's go.

As to the xbox live stuff, i like the remakes on there, like pacman ce. Ace revisions of retros, brilliant when done right.

What great thread!

What was the arcade opposite Sam Webbs where the flats are now?

I Remember Tempest in there. Also, my faves were Pogo, moonlander, galaga, and galaxians (in sun valley/Barry Nobles?).

I remember in the Villa they had Jungle King - that was too hard..... :angry:

I have a cocktail cabinet - salvaged it from someones house who was getting rid of it - they left it outside and it got soaked - managed to dry it out and it played for about a week before it gave up the ghost - it was galaxians, my second fave game in the world. I have since removed the internals and created a mame cab out of it - see http://homepages.manx.net/bootlegger/games.html.

Also, if anyones interested, I have made a few classic conversions for the GBA which can be downloaded from there if you have the relevant hardware to play them ;)

My retro history :

Watch with a submarine game on it

Nintendo Donkey Kong Jr. Game & Watch

Big Trak!!!!!

Videpac G7000

ZX Spectrum 48k

C64 (used but never owned)

BBC Micro B (never owned - school days - now own one but only cos someone was chucking it)

ZX Spectrum 128k

Atari STFM

Atari Lynx

Atari Falcon

Psion Organisor 3

PC's

Psion Organisor 5

Handspring Visor

Dreamcast

PS2

Nintendo GBA (for homebrew and personel development)

Nokia 9100 (game development)

Nokia 9210 (can run emulator)

XBox1 (hacked for running homebrew/XBMC)

Wii (for homebrew and emulators)

Nintendo NDS (for loads of homebrew stuff and emulators)

I think in that order....

I personally luv my NDS with the ZXDS Spectrum emulator - its amazing to think now that I can have a speccy in my hands - would have seemed impossible back in the day to think that this was possible 25 years later.....25 years....where have they all gone????

I have a stack of unboxed, unused original spectrum cassette games (multiple of each) that were recovered from Aldridge Audio when they stopped doing software - if anyone wants one (games you have probably never heard of though) I will dig them out from my Atic! (ooo, Atik Atak....... :D )

Gorf....ftw

Spaaace Cadet!!

Ah fek, that's an arcade in strand street that I forgot, the bloody strand! They had a gorf machine. Fave machine in there was Qix.

Loved a bit of Qbert (sp?)...also that football game with the trackball that used to take layers of skin off when you gave it some welly.

Also what about Dragons Lair in Barry Nobles.......the laserdisk phenomenom that never really took off!!

Gorf....ftw

Spaaace Cadet!!

Ah fek, that's an arcade in strand street that I forgot, the bloody strand! They had a gorf machine. Fave machine in there was Qix.

Loved a bit of Qbert (sp?)...also that football game with the trackball that used to take layers of skin off when you gave it some welly.

Also what about Dragons Lair in Barry Nobles.......the laserdisk phenomenom that never really took off!!

Oh yeah, Qbert at Nobles aswell - how could I forget that? All time classic.

Dragons Lair I could never get into - probably because I was awful at it, but I really did like Star rider which was another laserdisc game - played it once in Blackpool and thought it was the coolest thing in the world cos you sat on a bike. Any one got the ROM/disc for the Daphne emulator by any chance?

Talking of sit on games, what about OutRun/Turbo Outrun, and Space Harrier - they were something else!

2 make 1 would be cool. Wonder what size lcd you would use. hmmm

??

Ive got a spare CRT and probably all the internals

Archived