Any 'classic' Gamers Here?

I've got one of these, although mine is in better condition.

2 make 1 would be cool. Wonder what size lcd you would use. hmmm

??

Ive got a spare CRT and probably all the internals

no i mean a mint as fxxx one. high need tuch screen and all . na sry i think it may fuk your back's playing bend over it all the time. i'm surprised all this eu law sh1t have not baned them lolol .

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mostly play old games on my chipped Xbox. Usually old snes & arcade games, mainly because I don't have the time to play modern games which require a bit of dedication.

I used to love playing Final Lap in the Crescent. Unfortunately none of the roms I've found work on mameox, so I can't find out if it's a good game or a good memory.

Also, does anyone remember the 1942 type shooter in Summerland? I think there was a part where you had to shoot dinosaurs and stuff on the ground... what was that?

Prehistoric Isle?

Last Duel had a Dinosaur kind of stage?

Legendary wings?

Terra Cresta?

Just tried all of them and no joy, but with a bit of googling I discovered it was Asuka & Asuka. Playing it now, great fun.

I last played it 1990 ish when it was an arcade machine worth £hundreds, and now it's a 3 second download.

Never seen it before, I love shooters. Had a quick go, got half way through second stage. It's not DoDonPachi which is the benchmark for me.

If you are into shooters, try the sequal to terra cresta or dodon or last duel. All great (underplayed) games

---

Also, someone mentioned Daphne: I have a full set, but can't get them working. Any tips?

Do you have MAME? Which version?

Basically, you need the ROM image of the game you want to play. Which you can only legally own if you own the original game PCB. I can't tell you where to get that.

So now you have it, put the zipped rom image in your ROM folder within the mame directory. You should be able to start the game either from command line or via a front end depending on which MAME you got.

Check pm

I mostly play old games on my chipped Xbox. Usually old snes & arcade games, mainly because I don't have the time to play modern games which require a bit of dedication.

You'd love some of the stuff on Xbox Live Arcade. Rez, Geometry Wars, Pac Man CE, Galaga Legions, Mutant Storm....loads of ace old school style shooters but with modern visuals.

hehehe, Championship Sprint in Funland. I had a load of 10p pieces and was playing it for ages. Almost had all power ups full when I was on my last 10p. A younger kid was stood watching me so I gave him a quid and asked him to go get me a quids worth of 10s. Little bugger walked over to the cashbox and then legged it out of the door :)

Archived