Any 'classic' Gamers Here?

hehehe, Championship Sprint in Funland. I had a load of 10p pieces and was playing it for ages. Almost had all power ups full when I was on my last 10p. A younger kid was stood watching me so I gave him a quid and asked him to go get me a quids worth of 10s. Little bugger walked over to the cashbox and then legged it out of the door :)

Game or dies. Tricky, but 720degrees had it down ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funland - pretty sure it's where capones is, but I could be wrong on the exact position.

Yes funland had the 3 screen darius cab. WARNING A LARGE SPACESHIP APPROACHING!

Always possible two places had that I guess and I can't remember the name of the place but it wasn't where Capones is unless they built a new building and I'm sure they didn't. It was next door to Looneys I think (although I'm actually wondering now if it in fact went on to become Looneys.....) and was a lot wider than Capones is. Entrance to it was really wide but tapered in with the change desk on the left as you went in. Think they had some crap old shooty game with a rifle as well like they had at the crescent.

But yeah, Space Harrier and all the Sega games of the era were just ace. Double dragon was the business - I used to cycle (grifter/bmx) to Silverdale every weekend to play that with my mates.

Also, there was one in the Leisure call Crime fighter. It was ace because you had chainsaws as weapons, and I think there were nasty fetish style bitches with whips too. But best of all it used to flash up a caption above your character saying "About to die!!", which has always amused me for some reason.

Super Thunderblade was ace too, but really tricky because the manual mechanism used your weight and if you yanked it too far to the side you'd almost certainly overcompensate the other way and crash.

Rolling Thunder was good too. And Cabal(?)

Another favourite was (is) Nemesis. When I was at school and had a saturday job at M&S I'd play that for ages at the leisure then get a slice of pizza from PG's. Ace. I've got a good conversion of it on the DS.

Console wise I've got:

Megadrive

SNES

PSX (2x)

N64

GC

WII

PS2

Dreamcast (x2)

Xbox

PS3

DS

And a couple of other bits & bobs like an Amiga and a BBC B, etc

I keep the old machines because whilst the tidiness of not having them would be good, there are some belting old games and you get feck all for selling old machines. Unless you're Faze2.

Still got my (issue 1) spectrum, C64, Amiga 500, all working.

Had a Casio watch with calculator and cheesy numbers game, around 1981

Spent far too much time playing Vulcan Venture at college, there have been conversions, but usually

just do the MAME thang. (Mr Heli, 1942, Twin Cobra, Super Sprint, Gauntlet..sniff)

Played Space Invaders circa 1977. The electronics magazines still described how to make one using logic gates glued together.

</shows age>

Was collecting 3d shooters before Castle Wolfenstein came out.

I trust everyone in this topic has heard of 'hey hey 16k' but for those that haven't you should defo take a

look at http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/ ah memories! :rolleyes:

Volume up full and sing along....

haha that's pretty good!

as an aside, for those that remember Head over Heels (either on the C64 or the speccy) there's a really good free remake available for PC, faithful to the original in every way apart from the 'cheat' at the start to get head and heels together doesn't work and the graphics are miles better. Grab it http://retrospec.sgn.net/games/hoh/ if you wish - they have loads of classic speccy and c64 remakes too

used to love Super Thunder Blade in the arcade in town (can't remember which one) - the sit-on one with the joystick that was connected to the seat so it moved as much or as little as you steered

also Dynamite Dux in summerland swallowed far too many 10ps

Track and Field was my favourite. Anyone else remember throwing the javelin at 80 degrees and getting a duck & an extra 1000 points? And then the high jump where if you failed your first two jumps and then went on the qualify a mole popped out and gave you another 1000 points.

Another 'easter egg' was on Pacland where if you timed your jump at 'break time' to perfection, you got an extra 7650(?) points!

Oh, and another favourite. SuperPunchOut!!

In the red corner....Bald Bull!

What a wasted, but thoroughly enjoyable youth :D

Track and Field was my favourite. Anyone else remember throwing the javelin at 80 degrees and getting a duck & an extra 1000 points? And then the high jump where if you failed your first two jumps and then went on the qualify a mole popped out and gave you another 1000 points.

Another 'easter egg' was on Pacland where if you timed your jump at 'break time' to perfection, you got an extra 7650(?) points!

Oh, and another favourite. SuperPunchOut!!

In the red corner....Bald Bull!

What a wasted, but thoroughly enjoyable youth :D

Pacland was full of easter eggs - shame it wasn't that popular, still MAME it frquently :)

but

TnF = Best Game Ever

Anyone playing for the HJ bonus was a good player - still play?

Ignore the shite in the pic :P

post-15470-1232836102_thumb.jpg

Donno if anyone has mentioned these yet, but I like the Lucas Arts point and click adventure games day of the tentacle I would say was the best!

DotT is cool - you're probably aware of it, but Scumm plays all the LucasArt classics.

Archived