Any 'classic' Gamers Here?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TnF = Best Game Ever

Anyone playing for the HJ bonus was a good player - still play?

Ignore the shite in the pic :P

Haven't played it in about 20 years. Would play it on Mame, but I don't think the laptop keyboard would last very long!

Great pic of the cabinet! Where did that originally live? I was more adept at the joysticked ones in the 'Cressie' :D

Haven't played it in about 20 years. Would play it on Mame, but I don't think the laptop keyboard would last very long!

Great pic of the cabinet! Where did that originally live? I was more adept at the joysticked ones in the 'Cressie' :D

I don't know much of its history, most of my cabs come from the States. Just can't find them in good condition here.

Another 'easter egg' was on Pacland where if you timed your jump at 'break time' to perfection, you got an extra 7650(?) points!

What was it with pacland and girls? Only girls played it! We had a theory that it was the waggling of the stick that did it, they were in training :)

Another 'easter egg' was on Pacland where if you timed your jump at 'break time' to perfection, you got an extra 7650(?) points!

What was it with pacland and girls? Only girls played it! We had a theory that it was the waggling of the stick that did it, they were in training :)

Ack, I loved PacLand and I'm not a girl... my missus hates it. It was 7650pts btw, a lot of Namco games of that time used that number as a bonus. Anyone know why? It it a maths / software thing?

Ack, I loved PacLand and I'm not a girl... my missus hates it. It was 7650pts btw, a lot of Namco games of that time used that number as a bonus. Anyone know why? It it a maths / software thing?

often wondered that too, looks like it's a Japanese language thing, google has the answer:

Namco is represented by the number "765" and this number or a variation like "7650" appears in several of their games. "7" in Japanese is "nana" shortened to "na"; "6" in Japanese is muttsu, shortened to "m"; "5" in Japanese is "go", changed to voiceless form "co". "765" = "na-m-co" or "na-mu-co" for Japanese pronunciation.

Namco is represented by the number "765" and this number or a variation like "7650" appears in several of their games. "7" in Japanese is "nana" shortened to "na"; "6" in Japanese is muttsu, shortened to "m"; "5" in Japanese is "go", changed to voiceless form "co". "765" = "na-m-co" or "na-mu-co" for Japanese pronunciation.

This is the same reason that a lot of default high scores on Namco games were defaulted to 7650, or 76500 etc.

Interesting, isn't it.

Archived