Plane Lands On River After Twatting Goose

don fugazi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found it amazing to see people standing on the wings within about 20 seconds of it stopping, very lucky that there were so many boats nearby, if the same happened elsewhere you could be hours waiting, not like there, like buses, three turn up together within a couple of minutes !

I noticed that too, but I suppose they were a little anxious to get off the plane after that adventure.

is that part of the river above niagra falls or below .. i was only there 4 years ago but still cannot work it out..

I think you are a bit confused. The Hudson River does not flow over Niagara Falls and New York really is quite some distance from Canada.

_45386948__45382049_ny_sat_planecrash_466-1.gif

i just remember you cross the river at niagra if you want to go to new york on a trip it was only a short hop .. i know one thing no matter which river it was it would be full of snow melt at this time and they wouldnt of lasted too long in the water ..

You know that bit at the beginning of a flight where everybody reads the newspaper or looks out of the window and one of the cabin crew tells you where the lifejacket is and how to fit it blah, blah, blah,

This picture for example shows how many must have been paying attention:

plane01jm1.jpg

Amazing really.

You know that bit at the beginning of a flight where everybody reads the newspaper or looks out of the window and one of the cabin crew tells you where the lifejacket is and how to fit it blah, blah, blah,

This picture for example shows how many must have been paying attention:

plane01jm1.jpg

Amazing really.

looks like only a few yellow clad bods were wearing them though, and the boat crew were chucking more lifejackets to them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

. OUCH - imagine that happening to both engines at once! He was quite a pilot!

Edited to add you've got a stroposcopic effect which makes the engine look like its running much slower than it is - its running at full speed. You get a similar effect when filming a helicopter.

Archived