Day Of Defeat

bobbarley

Hey all, been living on the island for two year now, and I wanna know, are any of you interested in Day Of Defeat? It's CS but better.

I used to be an avid CS player, but now I spend my time playing on DoD instead!

If there's enough interest I might be able to set up a server. Let me know :)

I know a few people that play DoD. I dont myself, but if you have a word with Ans when he is back getting his eyes lasered he might point you in the right direction.

I played some early betas of DoD, was quite fun but a obviously a lot of bugs at the time.

Benn spending my time playing CSS on the manxnet server of late, but should you set a server up, DoD may be worth revisiting :)

Well i was going to buy call of duty or DOD but i have been playing HL2 DM so i thought there wasn't much point.

I personally am waiting for TF2 i think this will be the game to play when it is released.

I like playing CS:S but i find that game to be all about luck more than skill, its a good game but i think its past its sell by date, it bores me after 2 or 3 rounds.

I want to play something new and more team based because CS:S is just full of people trying to get to the top of the list rather than play as a team.

Hopefully TF2 will become more team based as i personally think that is the way online gaming is going to go.

Well i was going to buy call of duty or DOD but i have been playing HL2 DM so i thought there wasn't much point.

I personally am waiting for TF2 i think this will be the game to play when it is released.

I like playing CS:S but i find that game to be all about luck more than skill, its a good game but i think its past its sell by date, it bores me after 2 or 3 rounds.

I want to play something new and more team based because CS:S is just full of people trying to get to the top of the list rather than play as a team.

Hopefully TF2 will become more team based as i personally think that is the way online gaming is going to go.

DoD would be perfect, the whole concept is on teamwork. Capture the flag etc, you cannot do it on your own, you need two people to cap certain flags.

It's an excellent game, and they're bringing out Day of Defeat Source soon which should look fantastic. Plus, DoD is free, you can download it via Steam!

I was into DoD for a bit, but its too simplistic after a while i though, retty buggy too. DoD: S may be worth a go though... the one im looking forward most to is Fortress Forever (FF) or TFC: Source.

Everyone in the TFC community has been asked to pimp it as much as possible.

Webby.

Fortress Forever is a Team Fortress mod for Half-life 2's Source Engine. Our independent team is creating this mod entirely from scratch.

Fortress Forever should please those who have stuck with or been a part Half-life: TFC over the years while at the same time doing more for new TF players than any prior Fortress attempt.

Fortress Forever will be free to those who purchase Half-life 2.

Theres also a FAQ on the webby!

sg2_render.jpg

SG at Level 2 :) Looking good !

Btw, clanned TFC is all about team work, so maybe this is what your looking for (its also alot more than luck). Takes ages to get good at it though, but if your intrested in it, i wouldnt see why not. Most people go onto TFC and think its about sniper and running around carelessly :P

If your really intrested (and if you have the time to install TFC), the best way i'd say to see what its all about is to check out this demo:

http://www.democentre.net/modules.php?name...order=0&thold=0

Note: To play, extrack the zip to your C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\your@email.com\team fortress classic\tfc folder, then join any TFC server (or create a lan game) and type in console "playdemo itsvsfcc-sd2"

Also, ive just realised, you'll need the map shutdown2. Extract to you TFC/Maps directory.

Tell me if you decide to check it out, or if u need help!

Ok, I plan on seting up a DoD server for the island, should be fun! :)

I'll do some research on servers etc, and let you all know when it's going.

Only problems I have are:

1) I'm behind a router with firewall and can't get PC's outside the network to connect to the server for some reason

2) I don't have a static IP

Archived