[BBC News] Meeting decides residents' rates

Newsbot

Nice to see some common sense about the beach and dog walking. They're right, the beach is perfect for dog walking, and is hardly used by anyone else.

If the stupid seasonal bans aren't lifted, the beach will be dead this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, but not all in the same place.

Do you actually have an objection to dogs using the beach, or are you just being a twunt? We're talking about the few people who don't pickup remember, not everyone that uses it. My dogs walked there daily at the mo, and there's very few who don't pick up.

It's not like there's a massive turd pile being washed daily into the sea.

Maybe, but not all in the same place.

Do you actually have an objection to dogs using the beach, or are you just being a twunt? We're talking about the few people who don't pickup remember, not everyone that uses it. My dogs walked there daily at the mo, and there's very few who don't pick up.

It's not like there's a massive turd pile being washed daily into the sea.

Not at all, I think the beach should be open at all times to dog walkers. I was just pointing out the beach died over 20 years ago...and I certainly wouldn't go swimming off it nor spend an afternoon sitting on it.

I remember the beach's heyday - piles of deckchairs every 400 yards 35 years ago. Great summer job for senior schoolies.

Not at all, I think the beach should be open at all times to dog walkers. I was just pointing out the beach died over 20 years ago...and I certainly wouldn't go swimming off it nor spend an afternoon sitting on it.

Oooh you mean the sewage stuff? I get you.

I remember the beach's heyday - piles of deckchairs every 400 yards 35 years ago. Great summer job for senior schoolies.

No dugouts though, or Bob will have you! £27 we got for a 7 day 9-5, which we blew in the arcades in about 30 mins.

I have some happy memories of Douglas beach as a kid, it went a bit skanky after they put the stabit pier in. I tend to take my lovely youngsters to Peel beach, much nicer and I would swear its always hotter in Peel.

Dogs aren't a problem, lazy owners are the problem, people too posh to pick up pooh - or maybe the street cleaners could make more of an effort, pooh is waste too or is there a H&S regulation which stops them collecting dog pooh? I feel very sorry for some dogs, it must be rubbish being locked in doors all day while your master is at work, then being taken for a crappy little walk round the block.

I feel very sorry for some dogs, it must be rubbish being locked in doors all day while your master is at work, then being taken for a crappy little walk round the block.

Hmmm...maybe Suki, the dog that fell 200ft off the cliff at Marine Drive, was actually trying to top herself then?

Peel beach or Port Erin, maybe its just a psychological thing drilled into me as a child, but the water was always supposed to be cleaner in Port Erin !

Allowing RESPONSIBLE dog owners the use of the beach all year round is something I agree with.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was obviously getting confused.

You should be flattered your humor manages to go over somebodies head Albert :)

John, I hope the rest of the council will take that view too. The ban on poop is enough if enforced. Banning dogs only punish the responsible owners, while the irresponsible will continue to do what they like.

I had a quite mad thought about dog dirt yesterday. If people were fined the £1000, then it would prove cost effective to take DNA samples from all dogs, which could be registered with the government when the person gets a dog license, then if a dog fouls the pavement and the owner leaves it for someone else to clean up along comes the by-law enforcement officer, collects said dog pooh, gets it analysed - bingo they will know exactly which dog has left a mess. If dogs are not licensed then why not? lazy by-law enforcement officers not doing their job, I presume this is their area.

Archived