Wanted - Pc Parts:

Cret

A Socket T (LGA775) motherboard* - cheaper the better as I can get them cheap on ebay, but mainly ones that are only tested to a certain extent!

Anything considered.

Also, if anyone has a small form factor PC case (ideally a similar sort of style to shuttle ones etc) they'd part with for modest money I might be interested.

I'd like to build a relatively discrete PC to hook up to my front room telly for putting media through it. With or without PSU (preferably with), but probably not a complete machine as I wouldn't have the money for it.

Not looking for the ones that are basically like a normal desktop on its side, although if it's a very small version of that style it may well do.

Please PM or reply here with details of anything you have that may be suitable.

Thanks

Jim

* Apparently these will take the following CPUs:

Intel® Core2 Extreme, Core2 Duo, Pentium® 4PXE, Pentium® 4, Pentium® D, Celeron® D

but the CPU I have is a Pentium D930 so as long as it's ok for that I don't really care about the others listed.

Aye, well I just scored a complete one for £25. :D

It's 'untested' so may well not work but even if it needs a couple of bits that's less than the case & psu would cost for a small form factor one. Result!

The Socket 775 mobo I want is for a different machine so I still need one of those....

Archived