Save The Live Music Scene At Bbb!

Pig Destroyer

It didn't used to matter to us who a band were (back in the days), I still don't mind who is on, live music is never a bad thing. Do people go out like they used to? We used to go all the way to Peel to see bands at the Creg, I don't go out much these days (age and all that) so I don't know what the yoof are up to, do they still go out?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tbms and seconds later not played together for a while

true, that. i didn't realise you were a fan of either?

It didn't used to matter to us who a band were (back in the days), I still don't mind who is on, live music is never a bad thing. Do people go out like they used to? We used to go all the way to Peel to see bands at the Creg, I don't go out much these days (age and all that) so I don't know what the yoof are up to, do they still go out?

Audiences are dwindling, is probably the best response to that question. It seems as though a lot of people aren't really too bothered about going to gigs,,, shame, really.

Has the BBB shut yet?

The So called "last Night" as it was sold to the Myself and other friends was on the 10th of Jan , I'm not the only one who made a special effort to be there that night that thinks she is 'Taking the P!$$', for this reason 11 of us who went that night will not be going there again :angry:

Has the BBB shut yet?

The So called "last Night" as it was sold to the Myself and other friends was on the 10th of Jan , I'm not the only one who made a special effort to be there that night that thinks she is 'Taking the P!$$', for this reason 11 of us who went that night will not be going there again :angry:

It's not advertised as the 'last night' - it's about 'saving live music'. Surely you don't want it to be the last night and still want to save live music?

I'm Saying we've had the so called last nite, end of , no more , go home , i'm just abit angry how it was sold to me and my friends, she gave everyone i know the sob story and then pulls this out of the bag ,

Its like me selling you a ONE OFF Special edition duck Fart for money you really do not have spare but then the following week selling another One Off special edition Duck Fart to some one else ,

sorry, she has lost a good friend here :( and i do not think she is helping live music the way she is 'carrying on'

I think Julie is doing a good enough job considering, It would be good to see how you handle running BBB Shit3hawk......Are you the saviour of live music on this Island?

I think not.

Instead of gobbing about it on the internet, go and SUPPORT it.

I'm Saying we've had the so called last nite, end of , no more , go home , i'm just abit angry how it was sold to me and my friends, she gave everyone i know the sob story and then pulls this out of the bag ,

Things change eh? Better to revise your position than give up.

I have been to BBB and had great nights there, now it is the turn of the young ones to enjoy a live music venue where they will not be at risk. It will be a great shame if it is forced to close. I wonder about the possibility of government 'Youth' funding, I would fully support such a thing for the following reasons;- I have a teenage daughter, when she goes to BBB I know where she is and what she is up to and what time to expect her home. I also know that she will not be drinking (Bushys pubs are historically famous for not serving minors) or causing a menace on the streets. I know they have youth clubs, but, oh do behave how gay are they? I might have a unique sixteen year old, one who is into music, fun and friends but I seem to recall having very similar interests at that age myself.....there was naff all to do back then and for all the good will the government have, they are so out of touch with the young ones its criminal.

How would you go about that kind of thing? Cheekyboy/John Faragher, 'youse' know about government stuff, how do the normal people of the Isle Of Man ask for funding for a club for the 16-25 year olds? and what would it come under? I looked at the government web site but, er....I can get all kinds of free money for all manner of things but there was nothing about entertainment for the youths.

Shit3hawk, you are being unfair, be thankful and support what you have. Trust me Im an ald goat and I've seen the end of many a good night through lack of support (heehee all be it some was a lack of support from the cuntstabulary)...There'll never ever be another Joe's cafe, Academy, Caesars - hold on to what you have laddie, don't stick the boot in so swiftly.

As I understand it the cops are all for 16 year olds going there. Trouble is 16 year olds drink coke, so it doesn't make much business sense does it, as a few cokes won't pay the rent. Maybe she should get some sort of yoof grant for holding those nights midweek?

I really don't know what else the answer is, other than for people turning up there on Fri/Sat nights listening to a good band and buying booze. I do think the bands should be a bit more proactive though, and do quite a few freebies until the live music scene improves. What's the point in being in a band if no-one's there to hear you? It's a chicken and egg situation - and until someone comes up with the right formula it's destined to fail. I've never seen the pubs on the island in such a dreary state.

How would you go about that kind of thing? Cheekyboy/John Faragher, 'youse' know about government stuff, how do the normal people of the Isle Of Man ask for funding for a club for the 16-25 year olds? and what would it come under? I looked at the government web site but, er....I can get all kinds of free money for all manner of things but there was nothing about entertainment for the youths.

Why not consider a charity rather than government funding. Lots of things exist without needing public money.

Bees has a very good point. I did mention on manxbands about keeping one of the weekend nights as a +16 club night/skins party/myspace scenester/ NME host night kind of thing. so the younger generation have somewhere to go and hang out and have bands and or DJ's playing. I guess when the place is a bit more financially stable, it'll have time to sit back and come up with a long term plan.

Archived