Save The Live Music Scene At Bbb!

Pig Destroyer

Dear grain of sand in my oyster....

Having been involved in a charity (a long time ago) I know the pile of bureaucracy that goes with it, making a charity is a pile of hassle, you need a charter (legal stuff, advocates are not cheap are they?), you also need to have accounts done and signed off every year (£2K min), so before you start you need at least £5K - charity is only good for those who can afford it. Oh but the returns on making a charity, the publicity, the free holidays, the etc etc blah blah blah.

Ooooogie man, in approx 6 weeks I will be free of work and a stay at home mum, I will do what ever I can :) and the mini bee is also onboard for any assistance required too.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear grain of sand in my oyster....

Having been involved in a charity (a long time ago) I know the pile of bureaucracy that goes with it, making a charity is a pile of hassle, you need a charter (legal stuff, advocates are not cheap are they?), you also need to have accounts done and signed off every year (£2K min), so before you start you need at least £5K - charity is only good for those who can afford it. Oh but the returns on making a charity, the publicity, the free holidays, the etc etc blah blah blah.

Ooooogie man, in approx 6 weeks I will be free of work and a stay at home mum, I will do what ever I can :) and the mini bee is also onboard for any assistance required too.

I meant approaching an existing charity for funding, not turning the BBB into a charidee. The arts council might be able to help too, I know they fund other musical nights.

Archived