North Quay Closed

Amadeus

Meant to post that yesterday, actually - no way through from bridge road via north quay to lord street at the moment due to demolition work and attached H&S brigade:

clo.jpg

Have fun getting stuck there :)

Yes, I note they have only just started giving out warnings on Manx Radio. NOW they tell you. I was caught up in the middle of a queue of traffic heading along there from Tesco on Saturday. Great fun for all having to back up and turn, then get out at the end in the face of other traffic wanting to go down there and get stuck.

A road closure sign at the bottom of Bank Hill might just have helped.

Rant over. :angry:

A road closure sign at the bottom of Bank Hill might just have helped.

Rant over. :angry:

There is a sign and it's been up during the whole time of the demolition, I think the problem is most drivers are like sheep and just follow the car infront and not look at the relevent road signs and notices :lol:

I nearly crashed in to some plonker yesterday as they drove out of that junction, normally you only have to check for traffic from Tesco or the occasional car and boat trailer turning right to miss the roundabout, not for vehicles coming out of North quay who seemed to have lost the ability to 'Give way to the right' :whatever:

Yes but seemingly the demolition will take until Feb 14th

Hey, just in time for all the romantics to take their true loves for fish & chips on Valentine's Day!

So I'll see you and Ray there on the 14th then? :D

Yes but seemingly the demolition will take until Feb 14th

Scandalous I say! I will sue the H&S nannies for breach of my human right to have decent fish & chips! :ph34r:

th_qc01.jpg

It's the lord street flats and rileys going down - there'll be a big hole in the landscape soon..

th_qc02.jpg

Some more pics here:

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...st&p=389889

Archived