North Quay Closed

Amadeus

A road closure sign at the bottom of Bank Hill might just have helped.

There is a sign and it's been up during the whole time of the demolition, I think the problem is most drivers are like sheep and just follow the car infront and not look at the relevent road signs and notices :lol:

Having been that way again, it seems that the Bank Hill sign was half way down Bank Hill, not at the bottom - not much use if you are coming out of Tesco having originally approached there from the south.

Anyway, they have now put a couple of big friendly red signs at the entrance to North Quay, so no longer a problem.

not much use if you are coming out of Tesco having originally approached there from the south.

I travel into Douglas every day and there has been a sign attatched to the Lift bridge sign on leigh terrace informing you that North Quay is closed since the beginning of the work.

I travel into Douglas every day and there has been a sign attatched to the Lift bridge sign on leigh terrace informing you that North Quay is closed since the beginning of the work.

Countless drivers are still trying their luck and have to turn around once they see this:

th_nq1.jpg

It's not as if it's not obvious that there's no way through or something :wacko:

Archived