Lewis Hamilton Immortalized On Iom Stamp

%age

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to get the background on them, thanks slinky. :)

I bought the first day cover set for my nephew as he's a huge Lewis fan.

I wouldn't mind a Mansell first day cover for myself as it goes (something else IOM Post did years ago).

It's nice to get the background on them, thanks slinky. :)

I bought the first day cover set for my nephew as he's a huge Lewis fan.

I wouldn't mind a Mansell first day cover for myself as it goes (something else IOM Post did years ago).

What are you offering?

S

The lad Mansell was right integrated into our community because he lived here. And he was in the golf club and he was a special constable and he built a hill.

I think there should be stamps for the likes of Nicky Crowe and Darren Hope because of the sidecars plus also the lads dug our road up and put the sewers in.

Tenner?

I've recently inherited a large stamp collection, with just about every Manx FDC for years, and having had a quick look, I can't find a Mansell one.

So, sorry. I'll have another look tomorow, but don't build your hopes up.

The collection is mainly Empire and Commonwealth, much of it pre-War.

S

On the offchance, I checked ebay last week after I'd picked up the Hamilton FDC from the Post Office for my nephew. There was one on there but as I was at work at the time, I forgot to sign in and stick it on my watch list - guess what, now it's gone!

It's no biggie, It'd be nice to have it just because I admired him when I was a young man and there's a Manx connection too (what with him having lived here etc).

If you do have one, I'd be happy to buy it. Feel free to PM me if you come across it.

TIA. :)

On the offchance, I checked ebay last week after I'd picked up the Hamilton FDC from the Post Office for my nephew. There was one on there but as I was at work at the time, I forgot to sign in and stick it on my watch list - guess what, now it's gone!

It's no biggie, It'd be nice to have it just because I admired him when I was a young man and there's a Manx connection too (what with him having lived here etc).

If you do have one, I'd be happy to buy it. Feel free to PM me if you come across it.

TIA. :)

Will do.

S

That is the world of philately for you. Why would Mickey Mouse's birthday be celebrated on stamps from Pitcairn? Because someone, somewhere will collect them.

Philately took a bit of a knock when unscrupulous advisers recommended countless issues from the smaller island states (whose sole or main source of income was philatelic sales) around the world with no connection to the state and of poor quality art and production, thereby devaluing the whole essence of stamp collecting and the stream of income that these smaller states obtained over the longer term. Things may have changed since then, but the business did have a bit of an odour about it at one time.

Philately took a bit of a knock when unscrupulous advisers recommended countless issues from the smaller island states (whose sole or main source of income was philatelic sales)

Hmm, so you're saying that if you live on a small island, philately won't get you anywhere.

Archived