[BBC News] Double killer loses prison battle

Newsbot

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bye, bye, scum-bag.

I really object to forking up for his rellies to visit him or for him to be brought back here (at OUR expense) for visits.

See, where you gave up your civilised rights was where you chose to act like a savage, not once, but twice.

I tend to think he should be allowed be stay in the Isle of Man.

I don't. He is convicted of a crime that requires imprisonment in a category A prison and the Isle of Man's prison is category B. The level of security, type of prisoner and type of rehabilitation is meant to match the prisoner with the prison.

I tend to think he should be allowed be stay in the Isle of Man.

I don't. He convicted of a crime that requires imprisonment in a category A prison and the Isle of Man's prison is category B. The level of security, type of prisoner and type of rehabilitation is meant to match the prisoner with the prison.

But why does the Island not have a facility for the category of person? Is simply because there are so few prisoners who could be classed as such or is it because these people can be exiled to the UK quite easily?

I don't agree with prisons, but it seems a standard thing that th prisoner does have access to family and friends no matter what crime has been committed. It might not be called a 'right' but it seems it is their for everyone and I think it should be there. By sending him across to the UK he won't have any contact with people he knows, and more importantly his family.

But why does the Island not have a facility for the category of person? Is simply because there are so few prisoners who could be classed as such or is it because these people can be exiled to the UK quite easily?

Simple really, statistically it would be stupid to have a dedicated category A prison for the Island.

I don't agree with prisons, but it seems a standard thing that the prisoner does have access to family and friends no matter what crime has been committed. It might not be called a 'right' but it seems it is their for everyone and I think it should be there. By sending him across to the UK he won't have any contact with people he knows, and more importantly his family.

Perhaps if you don't agree with prisons its all rather irrelevant for you to express an opinion. Notwithstanding that, what do you think should be done with convicted killers?

For what was spent on it, it should be a category A*. We have a few murderers banged up, and will no doubt have more as time goes on and the island grows closer to the crime pattern of the UK.

For all the usual lynch-mob replies on here, you have to remember the guys family and their ability to visit him regularly, and being banged up away from your relatives and, albeit restricted, visits are part of the rehabilitation process too. Whatever people think, the guy will be out at some stage in the future.

During the reporting of the trial I was convinced, and still remain convinced, there was at least another person involved. Personally I'm more worried about who that was.

He is convicted of a crime that requires imprisonment in a category A prison and the Isle of Man's prison is category B.

It really is that simple.

It seems so, I didn't realise. I was under the impression that because the Island had only the one prison it would cater for all different categories and thought the 'A' was the exception in this case.

Simple really, statistically it would be stupid to have a dedicated category A prison for the Island.

I see what you mean, although it does seem unfair regardless of the nature of the crime that this prevent the criminal from having access to family.

Perhaps if you don't agree with prisons its all rather irrelevant for you to express an opinion. Notwithstanding that, what do you think should be done with convicted killers?

Not irrelevent because prisons are something I would like to see the end of. What do I think should be done with convicted killers? Well, I don't think banging them up does any good. If someone gets hidden away for nine years for example and then released...well...they are released. What is to stop them doing the same thing again. They should be punished, of course they should be punished.

What do I think should be done with convicted killers? Well, I don't think banging them up does any good. If someone gets hidden away for nine years for example and then released...well...they are released. What is to stop them doing the same thing again. They should be punished, of course they should be punished.

If you don't believe in prisons, what do you mean by punishment?

Archived