Obama!

Whimsy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hooray!!!!!

The world will be a better place tomorrow.

It'd be nice to think so, but I can't help feeling that a) one man cannot change the whole set-up in the USA, & b) even if he could, would he be allowed to?

Good luck to him, though. Hopefully he'll make his mark & go down in history not as the first black president (er.. well.. mixed race anyway) but as the first president of integrity & moral courage in living memory.

Barack, pal, if you're reading this: if you can't change the world, I'll settle for an all-expenses paid holiday for me & the mrs in the Rockies.

Hooray!!!!!

The world will be a better place tomorrow.

It'd be nice to think so, but I can't help feeling that a) one man cannot change the whole set-up in the USA, & b) even if he could, would he be allowed to?

Good luck to him, though. Hopefully he'll make his mark & go down in history not as the first black president (er.. well.. mixed race anyway) but as the first president of integrity & moral courage in living memory.

Barack, pal, if you're reading this: if you can't change the world, I'll settle for an all-expenses paid holiday for me & the mrs in the Rockies.

Your life might be shorter than mine, so far, but both Carter and Ford were quite reasonable people.

That's why they didn't get re-elected (or elected in Ford's case)

S.

Archived