John Shimmin Rattled

Moghrey Mie

Doesn't this all beg the question..... why burn it?

It won't burn well in the incinerator and would benefit the Island's land far more once comosted - so perhaps a 'time wasting' question in Tynwald isn't so bad as it shows up bad management and that it should be stopped.

I agree, all green waste should be composted. I know i made a major booboo earlier on this thread, but I was dismayed to find out that I was wrong, and am going to push that green waste is not incinerated.

So.. when I sorted my household rubbish from my Green waste, took it to the amenity site... was very careful not to mix up waste, drag all of my Garden waste past 2 "household rubbish for incinerator skips" I wasted my time .. not happy :angry:

Quite. You may as well put it all in your wheelie bin.

Theory and practice are two different things when it comes to IOM government's waste policy.

At least there is still choice here though. If you choose you can just chunk all your stuff in the bin. In the UK they can stick a camera in your bin, monitor what you throw out and fine you for bining the wrong stuff AND then just chuck the stuff into landfill anyway. That is criminal.

There was a recent survey done that suggested that since the cost of commodities has dropped more than 40% of UK councils can't be bothered running their recycling programmes because there is no value in the end product so they burn it or stick it in landfill. Criminally though they'll still fine YOU thought for not fulfilling your obligation to use the correct recycling bins.

Theory and practice are two different things when it comes to IOM government's waste policy.

At least there is still choice here though. If you choose you can just chunk all your stuff in the bin. In the UK they can stick a camera in your bin, monitor what you throw out and fine you for bining the wrong stuff AND then just chuck the stuff into landfill anyway. That is criminal.

There was a recent survey done that suggested that since the cost of commodities has dropped more than 40% of UK councils can't be bothered running their recycling programmes because there is no value in the end product so they burn it or stick it in landfill. Criminally though they'll still fine YOU thought for not fulfilling your obligation to use the correct recycling bins.

re green waste at CA site - always been burned - I heard its cus its cheaper....

re recycling - if you've followed the discussions in the papers etc the reason UK Councils can't sell it now is because they collect their recycling in one bin and as its mixed the paper gets all mucky so no one wants it now that china's closed its doors. The stuff over here is clean so we can sell it - check out the recycling web site it says where all the stuff goes... www.recycleformann.com

Until the government bite the bullet and create a proper waste sorting plant you are going to have this problem.

They have started a scheme before having the waste handling sorted.

Bit like starting an all island bus service with one bus :lol:

I know a guy who can really compost stuff he gets usable compost in 3 months

they have to look 'green' so they can spout the reteric and avoid europes spam javelin.

Archived