New Uk Navy Destroyer To Stop By

Amadeus

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thriller, was that pic you posted of the ship taken in Portsmouth?

We had this outside the Thistle at the weekend, Dont know what ship it is but it was big. lol

We had the chance to go on it but decided to go shopping instead lol.

it's liverpool

eta: ark royal

Probably better too, if these type 45 destroyers are anything to go by.

Still, the septics win on sheer numbers alone - I watched a dvd the other day about superfighters - when the new lot come on stream, the yanks will have 4,000 plus of them FFS!

Still, the septics win on sheer numbers alone - I watched a dvd the other day about superfighters - when the new lot come on stream, the yanks will have 4,000 plus of them FFS!

Hardly surprising they win though - they spend more on armaments than the rest of the world put together. Link

Walpole Avenue is the one way link between the prom and the cop shop, used to home a cinema, latterly Chippertons which was demolished for the Lloyds building.

Are you sure? The Chippertons building was on walpole avenue and has a building directly in its place that is not the lloyds one. There is even a street between it and the lloyds one which is opposite the sea terminal.

What a sad reflection on the state of the world when people are dying for lack of medicine and clean water.

Am inclined to agree. Whilst it's amazing in terms of the monstrous, complex structures/vehicles that humans can build, it's such a shame that they're made for the purpose of killing other people, over stuff that generally none of them want in the first place except for the guy at the top who gets them all to do it for his own ends.

Sorry - I know these days I seem to get more tree huggy with each year that passes but it's all a bit of a shocking waste of resource.

Hardly surprising they win though - they spend more on armaments than the rest of the world put together. Link

Heh, its to keep people safe!!

What a sad reflection on the state of the world when people are dying for lack of medicine and clean water.

Am inclined to agree. Whilst it's amazing in terms of the monstrous, complex structures/vehicles that humans can build, it's such a shame that they're made for the purpose of killing other people, over stuff that generally none of them want in the first place except for the guy at the top who gets them all to do it for his own ends.

Sorry - I know these days I seem to get more tree huggy with each year that passes but it's all a bit of a shocking waste of resource.

It's not being tree huggy to reflect on what the government's military is there for.

State of the art military equipment is becoming unbelievably expensive. Each advance in killing equipment costs so much more than its predecessor. But the problem is that the poorer potential enemies, such as terrorist groups or problematic states ('third world') can get there hands on effective weaponry at a much lower cost. If the richer nations navies want to contemplate hanging about the littoral of some poorer nation they need to make sure they can counter what weaponry they have.

I think it is surprising how a still declining middle-weight power is willing to spend SO much on state of the art aircraft carriers and destroyers. The powers that be in Britain really want their military to take a (minor) world role again, but at what cost?

Walpole Avenue is the one way link between the prom and the cop shop, used to home a cinema, latterly Chippertons which was demolished for the Lloyds building.

Axa building, I think you mean - Lloyds is opposite the Sea Terminal.

Archived