Solar Storm Warning

pongo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given the current state of HF radio propagation, I'd say 2012 is a bit optimistic. I still think we're somewhere near the bottom of the current solar cycle!

The current cycle started around this time last year, so a solar maximum prediction in 2012 is about correct in an 11 year cycle.

Spooky I was just reading about something like this...the thing with the cockroaches is true but they have to be facing in a certain direction, otherwise 'boom', also, when these solar flares happen there is a noticeable (historically traceable) increase in hurricanes and cyclones and other things like that that are relative to the area of the sun facing the world something something and something else. It's really very interesting, I heartily recommend you read Supernature, there was an article in Nat Geo a few months ago (could have been a year or two though) hi-lighting patterns in weather running in cycles but they didn't mention the relation to the sun. I wonder if they can relate it to the financial storms?

was an article in Nat Geo a few months ago (could have been a year or two though) hi-lighting patterns in weather running in cycles but they didn't mention the relation to the sun. I wonder if they can relate it to the financial storms?

what the weather has cycles, no never, get out of here, that cant be true, well not if your a climate change/global warming fanatic :rolleyes:

was an article in Nat Geo a few months ago (could have been a year or two though) hi-lighting patterns in weather running in cycles but they didn't mention the relation to the sun. I wonder if they can relate it to the financial storms?

what the weather has cycles, no never, get out of here, that cant be true, well not if your a climate change/global warming fanatic :rolleyes:

financial storms are not connected to the suns cycle .. more likely the moons cycle has more to do with it .. abit like the foxdale folk..

And there was I thinking that all the news these days was doom and gloom - talking abut the sun really brightens things up

If you want to see the actual data for the sun spot cycle check out here. It seems I was born during a sunspot maximum!

Type in a date and it will show you the sunspot activity for 5.5 years earlier and later from that date - ie an entire sun cycle of about 11 years.

Gaza - believe it or not climate research does understand something about things like El Nino, and La Nina, Milankovich cycles, the Pacific decadal oscillation, the Arctic oscillation, and the North Atlantic oscillation etc. What is happening is that even when including ALL of these things they cannot explain global temperature changes - only when affects coming from rising CO2 levels are added can the models be made to explain the current temperature changes.

Gaza - believe it or not climate research does understand something about things like El Nino, and La Nina, Milankovich cycles, the Pacific decadal oscillation, the Arctic oscillation, and the North Atlantic oscillation etc. What is happening is that even when including ALL of these things they cannot explain global temperature changes - only when affects coming from rising CO2 levels are added can the models be made to explain the current temperature changes.

yes but maybe the incresed lvls of co2 are just a cycle that happins as well

The evidence doesn't point to that and how do we know? Because you can measure the isotope level changes in the atmosphere and compare this to isotope levels abosrbed through the millenia in tree ring, or ice core, samples and you can show the changes nowadays have a unique signature not seen previously which comes from oil based carbon. Link

Archived