40mph Noobs!

WaZo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I detect bad vibes Wazo...like be calm man...meditate...try Zen driving...smoke weed...enjoy communing with your inner self...

I have to laugh as I drive from Castletown at the 'got to get into Douglas 20 seconds faster' brigade...why hurry to get into a queue?

I go fast when I can ENJOY going fast.

haha Wazo you are being accused of being a user!

Wazo doesn't need drugs, hes a misanthropic miserable git all the time.

he seems to have a habit of picking the subjects that get under peoples skin, first he resurrected the religious thread and now he's onto traffic/speed.

Far be it from me to suggest that the fat-arsed slobs park their vehicles legally and then walk the extra 10 yards.

Hurrrah :) I hate it, drives me mental (see there had to be something making me this mad) bump their fat mobiles up onto the pavement and roll their flabby arse onto the pavement, just to save walking 3 feet to the pasty shop. I have often wondered why there are so many 4WD cars driving about town...now it becomes clear, fatties, pasties and mounting pavements. Yeuck.

Far be it from me to suggest that the fat-arsed slobs park their vehicles legally and then walk the extra 10 yards.

Hurrrah :) I hate it, drives me mental (see there had to be something making me this mad) bump their fat mobiles up onto the pavement and roll their flabby arse onto the pavement, just to save walking 3 feet to the pasty shop. I have often wondered why there are so many 4WD cars driving about town...now it becomes clear, fatties, pasties and mounting pavements. Yeuck.

Perverts!

Just because someone wants to do 180mph just because that's what the speedo goes up to doesn't mean everyone else has to go faster to keep out of their way. Just because a speed limit says 40, 50, 60mph etc. doesn't mean that's the speed you have to drive at (the clue is in the title !).

I drive depending on the road conditions, when I want to arrive somewhere, and what I have in the vehicle with me.

If I have other people with me I am not going to make them hang on for dear life, and if I have my dogs in the back similarly I am not going to traumatize them by flinging the car sideways around all the corners as they can't be strapped down and I don't want to have to clean up vomit. Similarly if I have delicate items in the car I am not going to damage them by my driving.

I also don't want to have to replace worn out tyres and brakes every 1000 miles

Anyone who cannot live with that should calm down and learn a little patience :D

Agreed. When I have loose eggs or chandeliers in my car, I drive a lot slower than the so-called speed 'limit'.

As I get older, I'm getting MUCH more patient and developing a desire to slow down to the point where people are bunched up behind me for miles - especially on the Mountain. On the odd occasion that I've been passed, I've practised the script "pffft, HE won't be getting there much sooner than us" and "why the hurry on such a lovely day". I'm going to block aisles in supermarkets too, as I compare the labels of two or three tins of beans.

I wasn't sure about the night situation, hence I said "I think" but I'm sure, and right, about the day time.

That wasn't why I oopsed - I thought from the flow of the thread that maybe you'd posted under the wrong user name...perhaps I was wrong.

Archived