40mph Noobs!

WaZo

So just how early do you get up to make sure you arrive at work on time, enevatably you will be late sooner or later. Its all part of life and it takes strength of character not to get hot under the collar when the vehicle in front is doing 40>30>20 mph especially when you can see no reason for it. What worries me is that their are some drivers who on a clear straight road in good conditions are not able to do more than 25 mph due to driving ability but of course they have never had an accident. In some cases I wonder if its done just to agrivate

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So just how early do you get up to make sure you arrive at work on time, enevatably you will be late sooner or later. Its all part of life and it takes strength of character not to get hot under the collar when the vehicle in front is doing 40>30>20 mph especially when you can see no reason for it. What worries me is that their are some drivers who on a clear straight road in good conditions are not able to do more than 25 mph due to driving ability but of course they have never had an accident. In some cases I wonder if its done just to agrivate

getting hot under the collar leads to mistakes, you have to plan how, where and when to overtake so that you can rapidly execute the manoeuvre without putting yourself or others in danger.

Alternatively if the 'normal' route is slow moving divert by another at the earliest opportunity and avoid the holdups.

Travelling around town and seeing the traffic at different places I can take half a dozen different routes to avoid sitting in a queue, works wonders in TT week :D

but apart from that, I work from home, that way I miss the queues :lol:

Agreed. When I have loose eggs or chandeliers in my car, I drive a lot slower than the so-called speed 'limit'.

As I get older, I'm getting MUCH more patient and developing a desire to slow down to the point where people are bunched up behind me for miles - especially on the Mountain. On the odd occasion that I've been passed, I've practised the script "pffft, HE won't be getting there much sooner than us" and "why the hurry on such a lovely day". I'm going to block aisles in supermarkets too, as I compare the labels of two or three tins of beans.

i like to see a Q behind as i dawdle along at 40ish stu aswell .. still without doubt i will get stuck behind a bus or wagon etc before i get from d/las to b/salla or vice verca.

and the bellend who is so self important that they felt compeled to round the top of richmond at 70mph will be there right in front of me just as stuck behind it as i am ..

Just travelled back from Peel to Douglas

OMG think the one of the worse drivers ever was in front of us in a small blue car - some old chap with a cap - driving really slow...and couldnt make his mind whether he wanted to drive on the kerb or on the middle dotted line - dangerous!

terrible stuff"

As I get older, I'm getting MUCH more patient and developing a desire to slow down to the point where people are bunched up behind me for miles - especially on the Mountain. On the odd occasion that I've been passed, I've practised the script "pffft, HE won't be getting there much sooner than us" and "why the hurry on such a lovely day". I'm going to block aisles in supermarkets too, as I compare the labels of two or three tins of beans.

OMG - I have a horrible feeling we must be related - at least I ended up with the good looks and the family brain cell :)

40 mph? You lucky sod! Don't you ever get stuck behind the 26 mph , slow down and indicate at every corner brigade?

Reading about somebody being done for drink-driving recently made me laugh. It was reported that the police officer involved had noticed the defendant driving erratically. Bloody hell, that description fits about half the drivers on the road here, including those who are under the impression that their Micra is the width of 3 buses and won't possibly squeeze between that parked vehice and the oncoming traffic.

40 mph? You lucky sod! Don't you ever get stuck behind the 26 mph , slow down and indicate at every corner brigade?

Reading about somebody being done for drink-driving recently made me laugh. It was reported that the police officer involved had noticed the defendant driving erratically. Bloody hell, that description fits about half the drivers on the road here, including those who are under the impression that their Micra is the width of 3 buses and won't possibly squeeze between that parked vehice and the oncoming traffic.

HaHa yeah what about the people that drive at night and brake for ever set of light coming the other way! If there’s a corner and lights coming the the other way then u have big problems : )

HaHa yeah what about the people that drive at night and brake for ever set of light coming the other way! If there’s a corner and lights coming the the other way then u have big problems : )

Or the wallies who drive with fog lights on when its 10/10ths clear! (I think it's a 'size' thing...)

Mind you I do love those eejiots who want to drive as fast as possible to catch up with the queue - brains of sheep.

Of all the road improvements needed Richmond hill must be number one, single carriage way on a corner that is often icy and a double carriage way in other direction. So what happens they spend thousands putting red tarmac that’s quickly turning tyre black down on their fancy new harbour side one way F*** up

I had the dubious pleasure of being stuck in a line behind some doddery old cunt in a brand new Clio from Fishers Hill to Port Erin, and he couldn't bring himself to drive faster than 35mph.

He pulled in to Darnills to refuel, and I was sorely tempted to mention to him that there appears to be a problem with your car - as it doesn't seem able to go faster than 35mph.

However, this would have been lost on him.

He's probably never had an accident in his life but I bet he's caused a few in his time.

Driving over here is like being on a fucking fairground at the best of times.

I had the dubious pleasure of being stuck in a line behind some doddery old cunt in a brand new Clio from Fishers Hill to Port Erin, and he couldn't bring himself to drive faster than 35mph.

He pulled in to Darnills to refuel, and I was sorely tempted to mention to him that there appears to be a problem with your car - as it doesn't seem able to go faster than 35mph.

However, this would have been lost on him.

He's probably never had an accident in his life but I bet he's caused a few in his time.

Driving over here is like being on a fucking fairground at the best of times.

have you nippers never heard of 'running-in' a car, perhaps he did it on his first new car and so does it on this new one :D

Archived